Cobra gets a single turbo in 3 weeks!

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Horsepower will be as high as you can bear. A simple turbo swap will dictate the possibilities. As long as your motor/fuel-system is up to the task, I don't see why you would have any limitations. We'll see what happens. Worst case scenario, you may have to use a tubular K-member.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
We've done some price-analysis and whatnot the last couple days, and if everything goes to plan, the kit will definately be cheaper than blower. We've decided to offer a "street" T70 derivative capable of 500-700rwhp, a "street/strip" T76 derivative capable of 700-950rwhp, and a race kit using a T76 with an 88mm wheel capable of 1200rwhp or so. We are still trying to figure out how to use the stock K-member, which may very well be possible. We're flipping the stock manifolds, running two pipes forward 12 inches or so, then using a crossover pipe from the driver's side to the passenger side where the turbo will sit in front of the coil-pack. The MAF placement will be in the stock filter location, transversely mounted, and intercooler piping with be same-side inlet/outlet on the passenger side. The main issue we are gonna run into is running the downpipe through the stock K-member, so we may have to use a tubular K on the race kits with a 4-inch downpipe, possibly even the street kit. The street kits will definately be CHEAP though, when you compare them to anything else that make the numbers this kit will. Picture 550rwhp for $3000 or less at only 12 pounds or so, that's the goal.

qkslvr221

Established Member
550hp kit for 3 grand...:bowdown:

I think you're gonna have more customers than you can handle!

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
qkslvr221 said:
550hp kit for 3 grand...:bowdown:

I think you're gonna have more customers than you can handle!

Shiiit, I hope it's not too many, I don't wanna take orders and not be able to fill them. We are also gonna do a "street kit" for 99-04 GT's. It's gonna be a lot of work for 3 guys to do.

Users who are viewing this thread