Cobra gets a single turbo in 3 weeks!

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I am dropping my car off on April 1st. The guy is a fabricator and master welding (TIG and MIG) and has been for 20-25 years. He's mostly been doing full-blown racecars and such for a while and wants to break into the streetcar market, so he's using my Cobra to fabricate a single-turbo street kit, as well as a race kit, to market to 4.6 guys. He's going to first try to make a bolt-on street kit using the stock manifolds and K-member (even though I'm giving him my AJE K-member), which is a first in 4.6 turbo kits. That kit will use a T4-based 67 or 76mm to make 450-800 rwhp, depending on the boost and turbo. Then he's going to try to make a race kit suited for high-hp racecars making 900-1300rwhp which'll use a T6 based turbo, or possibly some new T4-flanged 88mm turbo that just became available.

I will probably not run the kit on my car right away, since I'm gonna forge my shortblock at the end of this summer, but I'll get a free kit out of it once my shortblock/fuel-system are up to the task. I'm pretty excited since I've wanted a turbo on my car for while. I won't go into any other detail since I know we have paying sponsors here and that's not fair. mmmm, snails...

I MAY just put a 255-inline pump in it temporarily (already have a 255 in-tank) and run 8 pounds on a mild tune to test it out, but I don't wanna destroy my block/crank/heads before the forged pistons/rods go in. I am gonna shoot for 550-600rwhp once the motor is built and the fuel-system is done, and that'll be at 15-18 pounds with the smaller turbo, hopefully. I can't "advertise" on here, but you guys will know when they're available...for the price of a Vortech or less!:beer:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
They should! If everything goes to plan, they'll be ready to ship in 6 months or less, but who knows. I also have the spray to play with when I'm on racegas...

coolguy10786

Established Member
Damn that should be sweet. I think 8 pounds maybe pushing it a bit with stock internals, but it maybe ok. I'll be interested in results

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
coolguy10786 said:
Damn that should be sweet. I think 8 pounds maybe pushing it a bit with stock internals, but it maybe ok. I'll be interested in results

So is a 150-shot, but I ain't flinching.:coolman:

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds good, keep us all updated on the progress:rockon: . I would love to go turbo and I know after this summer im gonna be itching for some more power.:thumbsup:

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
Now you're really gonna be pissed...

I didn't pay anything for my paintjob either, and I've probably only got $2000 into ALL my mods including all the bolt-ons, nitrous, gears, brakes, wheels, and all the suspension, but the shit would cost in the $5000 range all together if i paid full-price. I just know a lotta dudes, trade shit, or sell shit to people who don't have "the hookup" for a good amount of money, then turn around and buy better shit from people who hook me up for the same price I sold my old stuff for. :lol: Not to say I haven't sold stuff for great prices, and I never rip people off.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
RippinSVT said:
Now you're really gonna be pissed...

I didn't pay anything for my paintjob either, and I've probably only got $2000 into ALL my mods including all the bolt-ons, nitrous, gears, brakes, wheels, and all the suspension, but the shit would cost in the $5000 range all together if i paid full-price. I just know a lotta dudes, trade shit, or sell shit to people who don't have "the hookup" for a good amount of money, then turn around and buy better shit from people who hook me up for the same price I sold my old stuff for. :lol: Not to say I haven't sold stuff for great prices, and I never rip people off.
yeah, your pretty much a dick.

tommygun

Established Member
Ive got a 76M on my 97, orig a PTK kit

takes lots of fuel to make the big number, better plan on a big system and lines.

sounds like an awesome deal, keep us updated with pics.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
I am gonna eventually go all-out on the fuel-system. 9/16" rails, 10-AN lines, Weldon pumps in a sumped tanked, and 72lb injectors. I may just run a really mild 550rwhp setup for little while with a couple 255's and some 60 pounders though.

tommygun

Established Member
I have -10 lines, aeromotive A2000, 83s, ect.. I might step upto 105s and a 88mm turbo soon though :)

Users who are viewing this thread