Cobra gets a single turbo in 3 weeks!

coolguy10786

Established Member
Tabres said:
This man will become my own personal God if it becomes available in that price range.
Ya no kidding, i was go with a hellion or hp kit, but i think i will wait to see how this goes

Rippin is it going to be a complete kit or more of a tuner kit?

kit5pt0

Established Member
RippinSVT said:
They should! If everything goes to plan, they'll be ready to ship in 6 months or less, but who knowsQUOTE]

6 months??? just in time for winter......................just kidding.

i'd definitely take one for the price of a vortech.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
coolguy10786 said:
Ya no kidding, i was go with a hellion or hp kit, but i think i will wait to see how this goes

Rippin is it going to be a complete kit or more of a tuner kit?

We're not 100% sure yet, we are gonna TRY to make it able to bolt right onto stock manifolds and run the piping under/through the K-member into a single T4-flanged pipe where turbo sits in the same area as the passenger-side coil-pack. The downpipe will run down under the driver's side, the pipe to the IC from the compressor will run into the top inlet of the IC and come back out the bottom outlet, through the inner fender and into the TB most likely. We'll probably have the MAF and filter sit right behind the headlight laterally.

If that doesn't work, we're gonna flip the manifolds and run a crossover pipe in front of the motor, then everything will be the same as listed above from there. The issue we may run into is getting it to bolt up to a stock catback.

For the price, we may just let the buyers do whatever they want with the exhaust, minus the downpipe. It's gonna be relatively bare-bones and will not come with anything as far as tuning options, fuel-system, etc. If we added all that stuff, the price would have to jump up. More or less, you'll be getting everything needed for actual turbo kit (manifolds, piping, turbo, wastegate, BOV, intercooler, etc), but not a ton of extra little stuff that you could piece together cheaply to fit your needs.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
96cobrakid said:
tell him he would have more of a market for a 95 cobra kyle, let me know when to drop it off :)

Right Chris, because 5.0 kits can't be pieced together for like $1800.:lol:

turbonotch

It's quiet ;)
Established Member
I'd definitely be interested in a kit that uses the stock manifolds and k member. Also, cheaper the better =)

coolguy10786

Established Member
RippinSVT said:
We're not 100% sure yet, we are gonna TRY to make it able to bolt right onto stock manifolds and run the piping under/through the K-member into a single T4-flanged pipe where turbo sits in the same area as the passenger-side coil-pack. The downpipe will run down under the driver's side, the pipe to the IC from the compressor will run into the top inlet of the IC and come back out the bottom outlet, through the inner fender and into the TB most likely. We'll probably have the MAF and filter sit right behind the headlight laterally.

If that doesn't work, we're gonna flip the manifolds and run a crossover pipe in front of the motor, then everything will be the same as listed above from there. The issue we may run into is getting it to bolt up to a stock catback.

For the price, we may just let the buyers do whatever they want with the exhaust, minus the downpipe. It's gonna be relatively bare-bones and will not come with anything as far as tuning options, fuel-system, etc. If we added all that stuff, the price would have to jump up. More or less, you'll be getting everything needed for actual turbo kit (manifolds, piping, turbo, wastegate, BOV, intercooler, etc), but not a ton of extra little stuff that you could piece together cheaply to fit your needs.

Sounds like a good plan. I already know im gonna get a tubular k though. I can't imagine the pain in the ass i would be with a stock k, but if you guys can pull it off more power to ya.

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
nice news.. kinda hate you :D

try to post pics of the progress if you are allowed :thumbsup:..

firts the paint job, rims, this, then a transmission and rear end, then 990hp at 20psi.. i know that will happen, i know

forcedLX

Established Member
good luck in making the kit, i can see some stuff getting in the way, but its not impossible just a lot of wrench throwing...lol

qkslvr221

Established Member
98(oBra\/ert said:
Turbos scare me, if this actually works it sounds like a nice lil kit.

That surprises me coming from someone with a full roll cage and drag radials! :p

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
RippinSVT said:
but not a ton of extra little stuff that you could piece together cheaply to fit your needs.

That's all I want. If you're a patient person you can piece stuff together insanely cheap if you watch for deals on the Corral market forums and such.

98(oBra\/ert

Established Member
qkslvr221 said:
That surprises me coming from someone with a full roll cage and drag radials! :p
Nah, I have slicks for the track. :beer:

If this kit was decent quality, less then a Vortech kit and was capable of 800 wheel I would be all over and I think man other people would be to. Turbo's scare me because of boost controllers, they let you do naughty things.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Tabres said:
That's all I want. If you're a patient person you can piece stuff together insanely cheap if you watch for deals on the Corral market forums and such.
+1

Nah, I have slicks for the track.

98(oBra\/ert said:
If this kit was decent quality, less then a Vortech kit and was capable of 800 wheel I would be all over and I think man other people would be to. Turbo's scare me because of boost controllers, they let you do naughty things.
hahahahaah:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread