Cobra > Camaro SS

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
its funny how all these F-body guys like to talk @#&* on here...and they are the ones on a website designed for Fords, and Cobras. I can honestly say, ive never been on any chevy forum...i guess there isnt any.
Why do you assume us "F-body" guys like to talk shit? I'm sure 95% of LS1 owners respect 03/04 Cobra's. I like 03/04 Cobra's, but I'm just pointing out the facts. Maybe you should go on a chevy forum (LS1tech) and learn about your enemy:lol:

rubber duck

Established Member
its funny how all these F-body guys like to talk @#&* on here...and they are the ones on a website designed for Fords, and Cobras. I can honestly say, ive never been on any chevy forum...i guess there isnt any.
I really don't see any f-body guys talking shit here. I'm a member at LS1tech.com and there are quite a few Mustang guys over there, one is even a moderator. I consider myself a car enthusiast, not a brand loyal fan boy. I'm guessing you don't get out much, which is unfortunate because there's a lot of cars worth experiencing that don't have a blue oval on them.

Last edited:

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I really don't see any f-body guys talking shit here. I'm a member at LS1tech.com and there are quite a few Mustang guys over there, one is even a moderator. I consider myself a car enthusiast, not a brand loyal fan boy. I'm guessing you don't get out much, which is unfortunate because there's a lot of cars worth experiencing that don't have a blue oval on them.
+1:beer:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member

So we can learn what new tricks you Terminator guys are trying to pull. I've owned 4 Mustangs and have always like this board. It's not rare to see people registered on boards that aren't specific to their vehicle

Not all of us are on here to start crap pal.. :rolleyes: i like all kinds of cars so im on many different boards

Exactly

Thats original :kaboom:

:shrug: yea no crap .......

Why do you assume us "F-body" guys like to talk shit? I'm sure 95% of LS1 owners respect 03/04 Cobra's. I like 03/04 Cobra's, but I'm just pointing out the facts. Maybe you should go on a chevy forum (LS1tech) and learn about your enemy:lol:

No one here has talked any more crap than any Mustang guy has. We frequent this forum to uphold our cars just like Mustang guys do on our websites......Good post AJ

Exactly. :beer:

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
my car runs mid low 10s on stock bottom end. pretty impressive i think for a 105k mile motor. and i dont have a ton of money in it.

Beetle6986

Established Member
How do we know he's fast?:??:

Even if you get a whipple/KB a h/c/i and sprayed ls1 will walk you. But we'll let you find out the hard way :beer:
Dont forget the built motor for the ls1. :burn: Don't they max out around 500 to 550 rwhp for reliability? There are Whipples making 700 RWHP +. Not only will the ls1 not walk, it wont even keep up.:lol:

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Dont forget the built motor for the ls1. :burn: Don't they max out around 500 to 550 rwhp for reliability? There are Whipples making 700 RWHP +. Not only will the ls1 not walk, it wont even keep up.:lol:

Yeah but you guys need the extra 150+rwhp to offset the weight difference don't you? :D

(I'm Kidding)

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member

This site is for Fords AND Cobras huh? Last time i checked, the Cobra(Mustang) was made BY Ford.

I didnt come here to talk shit, and I AM a member of LS1tech. I also drove an 04 Lightning up until December of last year, when i traded it for our 00 WS.6.

I do respect the Cobras, and would drive one if i had the chance, but I also think a 550rwhp, big stall 3400lb LS1 F-body would hold its own against some 03/04 Cobras...... but i could be wrong.

BayareaSS

Established Member

Shows how much you know. Its about 600-650 rwhp an thats on non forged internals :rockon:

Beetle6986

Established Member
Shows how much you know. Its about 600-650 rwhp an thats on non forged internals :rockon:
I've been told by multiple LS1 guys that 550 WHP is pushing the limit. I've also read it in multiple posts on the ls1 site. I guess they don't know anything either.:shrug:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Certainly not common but here is a stock block FI setup...

ArklaTexan
"I have been going for 6mo at 678rwhp and 710tq. just want to test its limits"

i've seen post of 800ish rwhp cars as well.. reliably for long periods..who knows..but it's hard to point at a specific number and claim it's the fail point unless A LOT of people have failed above that range. Just from a quick glance on LS1Tech is doesn't seem like a lot of people have even tried to get above that range and keep it there on stock internals.

Last edited:

lilb_svt

Established Member

Beetle6986

Established Member
Certainly not common but here is a stock block FI setup...

ArklaTexan
"I have been going for 6mo at 678rwhp and 710tq. just want to test its limits"

i've seen post of 800ish rwhp cars as well.. reliably for long periods..who knows..but it's hard to point at a specific number and claim it's the fail point unless A LOT of people have failed above that range. Just from a quick glance on LS1Tech is doesn't seem like a lot of people have even tried to get above that range and keep it there on stock internals.

Some have done it, but its not the norm like it is for a Cobra. I saw a few that reached that power level and some even stated for a couple of years. But they only drove the car 1,000 miles over that time period. In your example it was only 6 months. Who knows how many hard miles if any. I'm talking reliability with a car that is run hard not with only a couple dozen runs at the track. There are Cobras running 1000 hp on the stock bottom end but, I don't know how long they will last.

gnxs

Established Member
Even if you get a whipple/KB a h/c/i and sprayed ls1 will walk you. But we'll let you find out the hard way :beer:
That is FAR from a certainty.

Most of them usually also need "gutted" (or at the very least...decent weight reduction) in their mod list to accomplish it.

One of the newer, bigger TS blowers(KB Mammoth/Whipple 3.4 and 3.4 with new Crusher kit) may rectify that.
No need. The 2.3 Whipple is plenty capable of getting it done against a H/C/I/N2O LS1 STREET CAR.

Last edited:

gnxs

Established Member
It's the internet, nothing says you can only post here if you own a Ford.

Getting guys with different car brands here may lead to some bickering, but in the end we're all smarter because of their input (most of them, obviously there are exceptions).

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Some have done it, but its not the norm like it is for a Cobra. I saw a few that reached that power level and some even stated for a couple of years. But they only drove the car 1,000 miles over that time period. In your example it was only 6 months. Who knows how many hard miles if any. I'm talking reliability with a car that is run hard not with only a couple dozen runs at the track. There are Cobras running 1000 hp on the stock bottom end but, I don't know how long they will last.
We seem to be on the same page....all im saying is people have done higher but its not common... doesnt mean the engines fail, just means people haven't....

I don't really see post of people who made 6xx or 7xx rwhp and blew up over and over again... so who knows for sure what the realibility mark really is? :beer:

jaxlsx

Established Member
You know good and dam* well you are not looking for the constant ass whuppins you will receive messing around with the Cobra's. Getting spanked by one cobra aint no big deal. Getting whupped by that same cobra and all of the other cobras on a weekly basis does terrible things to ones confidence.

Cobra owners collect scalps as a hobby. You will need Rogaine.

Thats funny, i havent been scalped by a cobra in about 4 years

Users who are viewing this thread