Cobra > Camaro SS

BayareaSS

Established Member
Yea it's weird...or the fast one's never come out [ Ahem! Bandon Ahem ] lol
How do we know he's fast?:??:
Yeah that's pretty impressive that a full bolt on LS1 can beat a stock Cobra lol. My car isn't gonna be stock for long and the few F-bodies I've seen around my house that are modded will be the ones like civics. And I never said that they needed a lot of mods to beat my car as it is now, I was simply stating that a h/c/i + spray camaro will definitely hand my ass to me (as my car sits right now).

Even if you get a whipple/KB a h/c/i and sprayed ls1 will walk you. But we'll let you find out the hard way :beer:

Jroc

Established Member

Even if you get a whipple/KB a h/c/i and sprayed ls1 will walk you. But we'll let you find out the hard way :beer:

One of the newer, bigger TS blowers(KB Mammoth/Whipple 3.4 and 3.4 with new Crusher kit) may rectify that. Or a Screw blown Terminator with some spray. Or how about a H/C/Screw blown Terminator. :idea:

BTW full bolton Terminator>full bolton LS1 car. :beer:

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Nice kill, now get that blower ported and increase that lead by 6-8 car lengths.
My exp is they get too many whippings by a 03/04, they will seriously start doing stuff and visiting ls1tech. So best take the intiative and do all the bolt ons and tires. Or a spare set of 315 m/ts or hoosiers on some 10.5 replicas to look stockish but launch decent. Believe me some are scheming and plotting right now! Fab 9 rear ends and the spray along w a decent torque arm and tires, etc. That's what they do w some $ or buy some others semi race car. Good kill btw but what the 03/04 was designed to do w a decent driver.

I walked a 200 nx shot 348 hci etc. ls1 camaro auto at 35/40 mph several times. It runs 10.4's. Same w a gt 42r ams tuned evo at 28#. Evo ran stronger. Before u all say bs look me up on utube you'll see. Ya I don't have those 2 in video but other worthy cars and a bike. Hard to drive and video. What can be done w lil $ spread out. I'm just pointing out some potential, a street 03 has gone 10.01 130+ on the spray w a eaton. They can be quick. Before you ls guys jump my stuff well like was said, here the street scene is pretty lame w pop of 130k, you hang out w whoever if you want some action. Best ppl I know have various cars willing to test.

Last edited:

rubber duck

Established Member
what rivalry.......an ls1 really just wont cut the mustard anymore.....even a mildly modded neon can drop one no prob..........I was killed by a boost controlled/cai srt-4 in a lightly bolton 97ss lt1 6spd ....and i got beat badly...
If you're talking a stock LS1 then true, with the hp ratings cars are coming from the factory today a stock LS1 is in trouble, but I can tell you first hand that those motors are a great platform for serious power. I've owned 3 LS1's, two of them were power adder cars. They rolled out pretty hard.

Last edited:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
what rivalry.......an ls1 really just wont cut the mustard anymore.....even a mildly modded neon can drop one no prob..........I was killed by a boost controlled/cai srt-4 in a lightly bolton 97ss lt1 6spd ....and i got beat badly...

A LT1 and a LS1 are very different. I will acknowledge that the F-Body LS1s don't dominate the way they used to, when you think about it they do quite well for a car that ceased production 7 years ago. They still hold their own for the most part...:beer:

I'm out every weekend, just never in the Cobra.

DD Camry F-T-W!

:coolman:

How am I supposed to know? You're never out with us. You're too cool. J/k I know you have a grown man's job and wifey but you can still make time:coolman:

That's true.....Second comment is true for the most part too. In my experience of course

One of the newer, bigger TS blowers(KB Mammoth/Whipple 3.4 and 3.4 with new Crusher kit) may rectify that. Or a Screw blown Terminator with some spray. Or how about a H/C/Screw blown Terminator. :idea:

We can say what about a TT 370/408. or a H/C/I 454LSX with spray....:beer:

There's always someone faster. That someone is usually a Chevy. LMFAO :beer: Of course I'm just talking crap......I would love to see a built Cobra/F-body go at it with equal drivers..

My exp is they get too many whippings by a 03/04, they will seriously start doing stuff and visiting ls1tech. So best take the intiative and do all the bolt ons and tires. Or a spare set of 315 m/ts or hoosiers on some 10.5 replicas to look stockish but launch decent. Believe me some are scheming and plotting right now! Fab 9 rear ends and the spray along w a decent torque arm and tires, etc. That's what they do w some $ or buy some others semi race car. Good kill btw but what the 03/04 was designed to do w a decent driver.

The same way you guys come on here and plot?:poke: I like your sleeper thinking though:burnout::rockon::coolman:

I walked a 200 nx shot 348 hci etc. ls1 camaro auto at 35/40 mph several times. It runs 10.4's. Same w a gt 42r ams tuned evo at 28#. Evo ran stronger. Before u all say bs look me up on utube you'll see. Ya I don't have those 2 in video but other worthy cars and a bike. Hard to drive and video. What can be done w lil $ spread out. I'm just pointing out some potential, a street 03 has gone 10.01 130+ on the spray w a eaton. They can be quick. Before you ls guys jump my stuff well like was said, here the street scene is pretty lame w pop of 130k, you hang out w whoever if you want some action. Best ppl I know have various cars willing to test.

Auto LS1s hate 35-45 rolls even with a stall. That's still a good kill though. Anything can happen on the street.

If you're talking a stock LS1 then true, with the hp ratings cars are coming from the factory today a stock LS1 is in trouble, but I can tell you first hand that those motors are a great platform for serious power. I've owned 3 LS1's, two of them were power adder cars. They rolled out pretty hard.

Once again I'll agree that a stock LS1 doesn't get it done. I wouldn't say it's in trouble but it won't win as easily as it used to. I have had 4 Mustangs, I had to see for myself if the LS platform is all it's cracked up to be. I'm happy with my purchase.:beer:

Last edited:

BayareaSS

Established Member

We can play this game all day. From what i've seen out here on 91 octane TS cobras will run into trouble against an ls1. I can make as much power with my ls1 as a TS cobra and if i make a little less power my weight advantage will help me out.

I know modded cobras are fast but they aren't just killing all the LS1's out there. :beer:

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
I can't believe, after all these years, this debate is still going on. Stock for stock, given equal drivers, the 03/04 Cobras are faster. Once you start modding, all bets are off...that's why I went turbo:burnout:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Auto LS1s hate 35-45 rolls even with a stall. That's still a good kill though. Anything can happen on the street.

Hey he picked the speed. Grant you a 6 speed is optimum on a roll. We were going to do a dig but leos were there. He called it off. I just got my hoosier 315's and it hooked great on the grooved concrete. That lt hdr ls is loud w spray.

The camaro and a friends cobra w jlt, some bolt ons, box tune track vid. The same camaro w cnc heads, texas speed cam, 200 shot, etc. speed inc tune. Like I mentioned a full bolt + spray auto ls camaro. I was surprised we had no wheelspin. Maybe luck, maybe not. I had 950# bottle pressure. Imo the fjo mini did the job. Believe me if I had a video it would have been here, same w the evo test. Bottom line we have fun. Sh-t happens. I kick the tires so do you. :beer:

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Camaro-and-Cobra-maken_192780.htm"]Camaro and Cobra maken some test runs!- Video[/ame]

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
If you have the RIGHT combination of H/C/I on an LS1 it WILL beat full bolt-on pullied Cobra's. Anyway... Marlon, you and Brandon need to run em sometime. I've been anticipating this since you guys started the thread about you guys running.

dsg03bullitt

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0kmzwCM4EA"]YouTube - 03 Mustang Cobra vs 00 Camaro SS[/ame]

100 shot on an ls1...and still cant win?

96badvenm

Established Member
its funny how all these F-body guys like to talk @#&* on here...and they are the ones on a website designed for Fords, and Cobras. I can honestly say, ive never been on any chevy forum...i guess there isnt any.

MystictealLt1

Established Member
its funny how all these F-body guys like to talk @#&* on here...and they are the ones on a website designed for Fords, and Cobras. I can honestly say, ive never been on any chevy forum...i guess there isnt any.

Not all of us are on here to start crap pal.. :rolleyes: i like all kinds of cars so im on many different boards

MysticVert

Established Member
Good kill to OP
Racing LS1's and 2's and even 7's is pretty fun. Even if you only have a pullied cobra...

Users who are viewing this thread