Clutch Time _ Flywheel Advice

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I have a Fidanza aluminum flywheel. I like it just for the fact that you can replace the surface with a brand new piece when you change the clutch.

You don't have to take it to the machine shop and you never have to worry if it's too warped or cracked to be repaired after each clutch change.

I can't make any before and after comparisons because I changed too many things at the same time.

When I first installed it, I had a SPEC Stage III clutch that was like an on-off switch. Having an aluminum flywheel certainly didn't help. I got tired of looking like a jackass, so I got a more streetable clutch.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
....When I first installed it, I had a SPEC Stage III clutch that was like an on-off switch. Having an aluminum flywheel certainly didn't help. I got tired of looking like a jackass, so I got a more streetable clutch.

What did you switch to? I didnt realize the stage 3 was that extreme.

Dhenderson

Established Member
How so in your case...???

I found it actually easier to start from a dead stop. I had expected the opposite. The engine was much more responsive to throttle input, it revved quicker, no more rpm's hanging between shifts (which made shifting smoother).
I used the Centerforce dual friction clutch... less pedal effort than the stock Cobra clutch and it worked really well with the aluminum flywheel.

Users who are viewing this thread