Close call I had at the track

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
Sometimes being a good driver is simply knowing when to lift to avoid taking your car back home on a flatbed trailer.

Here is a video I made where I just barely got out of the groove at the 60' mark and the car gets a little sideways before I lift. Thankfully as soon as I lifted the car came back straight. I was racing my friend Ken who also has a mustang, but today he was running his big block chevy camaro that runs 8.90s at 148 mph. My mustang runs 6.0s in the 1/8th, or 9.30s-9.40s in the 1/4.

I love the go-pro camera, where I had it mounted gave a great view of what exactly happened.

[youtube_browser]AtEpGeeP16M[/youtube_browser]

chrisheltra

Established Member
Wild ride for sure but it could have been worse and happened on the big end.:eek: Had this happen to a friend of mine.

[youtube_browser]ZT4rELoP9vM[/youtube_browser]

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
Oh crap, looked like he broke an axle? I've got 35 spline axles and a spool, hopefully I won't ever have to worry about that.

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
We will find out on 10/29. We both should be in the 9.30s so we will see what happens. Rumor has it he is adding a small shot of N20.......but at this point his best pass is a 9.44.

psfracer

924 hp all motor
Established Member
Oh, I forgot to add, I am glad the rev limiter works on the 7AL2, because I usually don't shift until the 330' mark. So when the shift light came on just before the 60' mark, I was surprised and didn't shift right away. Glad I had the limiter set at 7700. Thats 572 CID with a 4.500 stroke turning 7700---without the limiter I am sure it would have hit 8000rpm.

TachPeakRPM.jpg

TorchMach

Established Member
OP I've seen your car run in person! That things moves..for sure!

I haven't got the courage to run my car there..

flattrack53

Established Member
Although sometimes lifting your foot off the pedal can screw you up even worse. Sometimes you just have to go with the gut reaction!

Users who are viewing this thread