Close Call At F1 Race

oldmodman

Established Member
Damn. That could have been a LOT worse.

I couldn't take my eyes off that approaching prop. A couple of feet made the difference between chop suey and a lot of fiberglass repair.

In support of the pilot that hit him. I you have ever flown a taildragger you absolutely cannot see over the cowl until the tail comes up while taking off. It is the responsibility of the race organizers to NOT sent aircraft down the runway until it is clear.

Coiled03

Established Member
Not the kind of F1 race I was expecting. Close call, nonetheless.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Yea was expecting F1 cars. But still Holy shit is right! Guy is lucky to be alive.
Sucks to be the other pilot. Probably could not see and it was as much of a shock/surprise to him.

Going to cost a pretty penny too thats for sure

Jefe

Established Member
1kfcgtn0xykq6rt6g.jpg

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
God dam that was close. I can't believe the air traffic control let them run down the runway with the plane sitting on it.

Machdup1

Established Member
Yikes. I remember my dad coming home early from a flying day. He was taking off in his Cessna and a C-130 was landing the wrong direction. He went up and they went down. He was so pissed that after he landed, he entered the tower and bitched out everyone for almost getting killed.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
WOW is right. That pilot was very fortunate to come out of that with just broken bones in his hand. Man, if that prop had pass over his head. I shutter to think what would liken have happened. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread