Clocking the MAF

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
Just to let everyone know, it was a combination of a bad/sticking IAC and a tune trying to cover it up or compensate for it. Fixed the IAC and got it retuned, it ran perfect. I sold the car not too long after I fixed it for something more family friendly.

Bummer you had to sell it. I was going to suggest that it sounded like an IAC problem.

that being said

My car has a custom tune of somesort in it, and I have taken my MAF on and off several times when porting my blower and it seems fine. I always try to keep the flat square electronics part flush with the engine hood. Wonder if that is wrong, and I sould put it at the 10:00 position ? I do notice a hanging idle sometimes. Why would anyone ever move a MAF from the factory position then ? So all should be at the 10:00 position and this would never be an issue, tuned or untuned right ?

TermySnake

Established Member
Since you guys bring this topic alive, i can't rotate my MAC Cold Air Intake.. i want to be in the 10:00 - 12:00 range.

Cobra008-1.jpg

I'm going to a DynoJet after a 2 week. I'm fu**in busy with work these days.

EDIT: u see Rotating this cai isn't an option. I might consider dumping this cai for a K&N FIPK. but god! this CAI make your blower sound more like a Ported Eaton

Last edited:

Black Sex

Established Member
So I have the K&N FIPK and the air filter sheild bolts to the fender and the radiator support. Then the MAF bolts to the back of the sheild, so basicaly mine can only go in one way. Does this sound correct?

TermySnake

Established Member
So I have the K&N FIPK and the air filter sheild bolts to the fender and the radiator support. Then the MAF bolts to the back of the sheild, so basicaly mine can only go in one way. Does this sound correct?

the purpose of clocking the maf is to make the maf read right with the stock tune, so you don't go rich.

I see a pulley in your sig, so you should have a tune. it doesn't matter where is the maf positioned if you're tuned. you're tuned that way.. to read that way, Got it! don't change it.

Jefe

Established Member
With a sniffer. It maxed around 11.8-11.9. Have my wideband just waiting to be installed so...Just waiting on my pillar pod and Ill check it to be sure. Car feels strong and has ever since I swapped to the JLT

TermySnake

Established Member
With a sniffer. It maxed around 11.8-11.9. Have my wideband just waiting to be installed so...Just waiting on my pillar pod and Ill check it to be sure. Car feels strong and has ever since I swapped to the JLT

still on the safe side, you shoudn't worry. the A/F Ratio from 11.0 -12.0 is safe.

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
I have the same exact problem

I have the same stalling problem since 04 when I got my cobra bone stock it would stall on deceleration and thew some research I found out that it was something with the computer tune from the factory and ford released and updated for it for the 03s with the stall issue. I went to my dealer ship and had the computer re flashed and never had the problem again. I made my first tuner aware of this issue and that my 03 had been reflased with a new factory tune made by ford to cover this issue so he pulled the stock tune off of my car and built me a tune on the dyno with the just a pulley set up I had at the time and exhaust the tune worked great and never had a problem with it. Now later I get a ported SC and put a crank pulley on and and the first tuner has went out of business so I go to another tuner tell him the same thing but he acts like its no big deal and says that the new 03 tune I got when I had it reflashed was just an 04 cobra tune so he just used an 04 tune did some tuning on the dyno in about 20min he was done the first guy took about 2hrs just to build my first tune for the first dyno run and then took a couple hours after that for him to be done. Anyway after 20min or so this second tuner is done tuning my new set up and off the dyno I go just to drive it around the block to see if every thing is good and what do you know stall then stall stall stall and rpms bouncing up and down every time you would try to stop it would stall witch is very dangerous when your car stalls and you cant stop or steer you have to be quick to crank it back up. But anyway I took it back and again tried to get him to just make a tune off of the updated stock one I had to no avail he said that the computer would learn it out well it took about a month and the stalling did get better but it has never went away and to this day it will still stall every now and then. I cant let someone drive it because its to dangerous. So my solution is you have to get someone to build you a tune off of the updated tune from ford. I have the paper from ford to show this problem and it tells the tech what to do about it. I will have to look for it but its a TCP update for loss of power on deceleration.

Users who are viewing this thread