Climate activists have launched a tire-slashing operation in cities across the U.S. PLEASE pick the wrong SUV/owner at the wrong time!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just read about THIS nonsense on Fox News. I'm waiting now to read a news report of activists attacking an SUV, armed with knives, brutally beaten (or worse) by a no-bullshit SUV owner.

Climate activists expand tire-slashing operation beyond NYC. Here are the cities they've hit. 'It can happen anywhere, anytime,' a spokesperson for the group tells Fox News Digital.​

The U.K. climate group whose members deflated tires on an estimated 40 vehicles in New York City last month recently announced similar actions in cities nationwide.

The Tyre Extinguishers, which encourages activists to deflate tires of parked sports utility vehicles (SUV) to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, said it has already spread to Chicago and the San Francisco area this month. Individuals affiliated with the group have deflated the tires of 20 SUVs in Chicago, another 20 SUVs in Scranton, Pa., and 12 SUVs near San Francisco this month, according to the group.

"It can happen anywhere, anytime," a spokesperson for the group told Fox News Digital in an email. "If you're reading this and you own an SUV, scrap it before we get to it."

The spokesperson previously told Fox News Digital that the group expected to "expand massively" across the U.S. in the coming weeks.

The group explained that it aims to take SUVs out of service because they are a "disaster for our health, our public safety and our climate." "Bigger and bigger cars are dominating our towns and cities, and all so a privileged few can flaunt their wealth," the Tyre Extinguishers' website states. "Because governments and politicians have failed to protect us from this danger, we must protect ourselves."

On the site, the group provides tips for activists to quickly deflate tires and a leaflet that can be printed and left on targeted vehicles windshields. The document asks the victim to not "take it personally" that their tires were deflated.

The pamphlet that activists with the group Tyre Extinguishers left on SUVs in New York City on Tuesday.

The Tyre Extinguishers don't exclude electric vehicles (EV) from their actions, explaining such cars also have a major carbon footprint.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i see slashing in the post and deflating in the article - is that like saying peaceful protests as they burn everything?

If they are slashing tires way to go - more tires in the landfill and now they'll probably end up calling tow trucks to have the cars towed to get new tires since most don't come with spares anymore. What a great way to increase carbon footprints.

I hope they do that shit to a big rig tire or something, see how it goes with a knife in a 150psi tire

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i see slashing in the post and deflating in the article - is that like saying peaceful protests as they burn everything?

If they are slashing tires way to go - more tires in the landfill and now they'll probably end up calling tow trucks to have the cars towed to get new tires since most don't come with spares anymore. What a great way to increase carbon footprints.

I hope they do that shit to a big rig tire or something, see how it goes with a knife in a 150psi tire
Mmmm ouchie lol

I saw a safety vid years ago about high pres tires killing people...violent!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member

LOL that was my first thought as well: if they slash tires, doesn't that create an even bigger issue for the environment? Old tires are bad news for mother Earth.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
They say non destructive by which I assume they mean pulling the valve core. Still causes more greenhouse gases to be released due to the tow truck and all of the methane released when you beat the shit out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread