Cleaning your stainless exhuast pipes??

chuckstang

Established Member
Im just curious whats the best way to clean those tips? I have stock ones but when clean they can look great. I used either glass cleaner or bug n tar remover with just a terry cloth towel. Is there something more aggressive then using just a towel? is there some type of wire brush/sponge maybe.
I just like the way my car sounds and dont wana spend $$$ for a new catback but just wana shine up my existing exhaust a lil more :)
thx

wythors

Needs a bigger garage
Established Member
SOS pads work great. They clean everything including tar (and rubber:D) off and leave it nice and shiny.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
chuckstang said:
SOS pads?
Yea SOS pads (find em at the grocery store) work great followed by a good metal polish, mothers works for me.

Last edited:

wythors

Needs a bigger garage
Established Member
88320clx.jpg

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I've always used Mothers stainless polish and a terry cloth. Rub it on, let it sit for a bit and it usually makes everything loosen up and come off.

LSWHAT??

Get some NeverDull, it comes in a shiny can and I believe it is made by Eagle One. It is a wadding polish, you pull of a piece and work it onto the metal... after letting it sit for about 2-3 minutes it will haze up and turn really white. Take a terry cloth or something similar and buff it out, it will make your tips look brand new!

Be sure to wear gloves or wash your hands right after applying, NeverDull will dry your skin out pretty bad.

I have used a metal sealant on my tips after applying/removing the NeverDull, it only takes a minute and it seems like the tips stay clean longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpectorV

Established Member
I usually keep a coat of my cleaner on the tips and most nothing will stick. Meguiars has a really good metal polish out now, it works pretty darn good.

LSWHAT??

Look at the thread about Meguiars 3 stage in this section, my NeverDull'd pipes are right there in all their glory!

Users who are viewing this thread