Cleaned up the Mach a bit

blumnday99

Established Member
Taped off and power washed the engine bay after some engine de-greaser

a.jpg

Removed and re-painted shaker and spoiler

b.jpg

c.jpg

Then used Mother's Claybar, sealer, glaze, carnauba wax.

All done up...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
The Mach looks great!

For some reason, it seems as though the Azure paint holds up better than any other color. Every Azure car I have has minimal swirls and it seems like the clear is harder on it than on any other color. It could just be due to the actual color but its just something i've observed.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
The Mach looks great!

For some reason, it seems as though the Azure paint holds up better than any other color. Every Azure car I have has minimal swirls and it seems like the clear is harder on it than on any other color. It could just be due to the actual color but its just something i've observed.

Funny you say that because I see all kinds of swirls on the door above the handle here with the sun on it...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/blumnday99/Mach 1/DSC04818.jpg

But, he did just use a glaze and waxed it, which does a good job at hiding the finer ones and all the pics were taken in low-light conditions which makes things look great and all reflective.

Car does look REALLY good though. I know a LOT of the Mach guys really fight to keep the shaker induction piece looking good.

Love the silver FR wheels on there too :beer:

blumnday99

Established Member
nice lookin Mach! :rockon:

Thanks!

Funny you say that because I see all kinds of swirls on the door above the handle here with the sun on it...

But, he did just use a glaze and waxed it, which does a good job at hiding the finer ones and all the pics were taken in low-light conditions which makes things look great and all reflective.

Car does look REALLY good though. I know a LOT of the Mach guys really fight to keep the shaker induction piece looking good.

Love the silver FR wheels on there too :beer:

Yup...I didn't get to do any of the paint correction stuff I wanted to do. Removing and repainting the shaker + spoiler, cleaning the engine bay, and clay barring / cleaning / waxing took all day. In a month or two I was planning on getting this orbital kit

Adam's Complete Dual-Action Car Polisher Kit and some touch up paint. I was going to fill in some of the chips and then get rid of the swirlies in the clear coat. I've been watching Junkman's tutorials on everything on YouTube and taking notes. I have a feeling that doing all of that stuff will also take at least a day or two by myself to do it correctly.

Holy mother of giant mach pics batman!!! Im guessing the wing wasnt finished in that pic? Looks very uneven and still wet.

Nope....run out of time for that too. I'm taking it off and then going to sand it correctly. I put primer on there first, and then tried to sand it all off, but ran out of time. There's an uneven layer underneath the paint so I'm hoping it'll look better once it's evenly sanded.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Yup...I didn't get to do any of the paint correction stuff I wanted to do.

Adam's Complete Dual-Action Car Polisher Kit

I wasn't knocking anything ya did :beer:

BTW, 99% of Adam's products are relabeled ChemicalGuys ;-)

And take a look over at Autogeek.net for some other polisher kits and sign up for their newsletters; they usually throw sales at every major holiday and entering "autopia" at checkout will get you 10% off all the time.

DetailedImage is also worth looking at.

And yeah, the first time you polish everything will prob. take a couple days, but it's worth it. :beer:

blumnday99

Established Member
I wasn't knocking anything ya did :beer:

BTW, 99% of Adam's products are relabeled ChemicalGuys ;-)

And take a look over at Autogeek.net for some other polisher kits and sign up for their newsletters; they usually throw sales at every major holiday and entering "autopia" at checkout will get you 10% off all the time.

DetailedImage is also worth looking at.

And yeah, the first time you polish everything will prob. take a couple days, but it's worth it. :beer:

Oh...I know you weren't. I just wish I had everything to fix the swirlies. Is it easy to figure out which ChemicalGuys product is equivalent to which Adam's product? Since this is my first time with a PC, I wanted to stick to the JunkMan videos and use the same pad / polish in the video. I'm afraid of cutting too deep with the PC if I use a different pad / polish combo.

The enormous size was starting to bug me too....so I resized them. Photobucket was acting up so now my resizes are all different sizes, but at least you don't have to scroll now.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice job! You have an awesome Mach there. You must have a blast with it.

Users who are viewing this thread