"Clean air act"

delvin.a

Established Member
Ive honestly stopped any plans for the Shelby. Ive got a bunch of parts that are sitting in the garage. If I cant get a tune for them, or a tune that isnt neutered with a record kept on tap for the G-man to see, then whats the point. If they are literally interpreting any tune other than the factory calibration being in violation and subject to fines then the games over. They are considering code reads as defeat devices! I love my GT500, but not enough to pay black market prices for whats going to be considered a contraband tune.

Same goes for my recent interests in cheap late model GM performance. Vette or Firebird, if I cant get a tune for parts, or if they neuter HP Tuners what the point?

We are literally not even 2 months in to this shitbag's term and the EPA is knocking on doors and essentially attempting to shut down the hobby we love. 2022 may as well be 10 years from now with the overeach these ****ers are slinging.

Time to look into classic muscle.

The dummy sitting at the desk has very little to do with what happens. This shit has been coming for a long time.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I haven’t noticed that at all.

Hell Oreilleys stocks all kinds of rebuild parts for my 750 DP.

Just got about 5 pages of listings for googling Holley 750 double pumper.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I was hinting at the fact of old school cars pre 75 that don't have to smog anymore.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I thought once you got collector plates (at least in WI) you no longer had to do emissions. Car has to be at least 20 years old and you pay a one-time fee of $250.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Just wait till they update that exclusion or won't let you register "antique" cars for highway use.
Yeah, we don't have anything in most of Indiana. That will probably change once fed money starts getting withheld...

MG0h3

Established Member
I was hinting at the fact of old school cars pre 75 that don't have to smog anymore.

Ya if they keep turning the screws I’ll have two carbd rigs in my garage instead of one.

My eyes are ****ing burning in about 30 seconds if I leave my 408w 300 duration .600 lift cam Jeep idling in the garage

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Ya if they keep turning the screws I’ll have two carbd rigs in my garage instead of one.

My eyes are ****ing burning in about 30 seconds if I leave my 408w 300 duration .600 lift cam Jeep idling in the garage

Lol, i bet that thing sounds nasty when you actually take it out .

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Again, they want to play asshole. I just won’t register my car. Not like there are not thousands of cars riding around every ****ing day without plates. **** em

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
How long until the stand alone companies get shut down? Holley, AEM, Motec, Haltech, etc? Those are all put into VINed cars, for racing. WOT boxes as well. Shooting flames isn't helping emissions.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Won't be long til we are stuck ricing out. Big wings, stickers, under car lights, air fresheners, fake hood pins, triple bladed aero wipers, three spokes
Shut your whore mouth.
Screenshot_20210312-155038_Chrome.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread