CJ mani testing = new PB, finally.

ExTurbo

Established Member
Wow makes me want to start setting my car up for the launch. I need some tire apparently. I always thought about FI but seriously thinking of just staying N/A...10's are fast enough for a daily driver IMO :)

01bluesnake

Established Member
congrats on the great runs! What did you weigh the car in at? Also what setting did you find the strange shocks liked?

:thumbsup: The car in street trim weighed in at 3511 without me. I'm figuring with me its going to sit about 3500-3525. I have to weigh the stock wheels vs my track set but its 19* outside right now and being lazy to go to the garage in the cold lol. I never got to play with the shocks, left them at 5. My first run i had to make an adjustment to the LCA as the rear was shifted forward a little on the driver side causing the car to walk hard. My 2nd run was just a verification that was the issue and was corrected. Only got three runs after that and was trying to play with the two step.

He blew up the stock driveshaft on another outing I believe.

yes i did :nonono: Vid is on first page of that as well, although very boring lol.

Thanks for the confirmation. Love the car and the wheels. What backspacing are you running on the rear Alumastars?

Thanks. The rear wheels are actually Weldstar RT's, and are 7.5" bs.

Wow makes me want to start setting my car up for the launch. I need some tire apparently. I always thought about FI but seriously thinking of just staying N/A...10's are fast enough for a daily driver IMO :)

Tires will make or break the deal. I learned that along time ago, but i'm stubborn and like my radials. I only run slicks when i need to see what a setup will do all out. I'm a boost junkie, surprised i stayed N/A this long, but wanted to see if i could crack high 10's with just a CJ mani setup which i got damn close enough to be happy with. Single turbo will now be in progress shortly and will start a thread on that soon.

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
Thanks. The car ran very good with the CJ setup, wish I would of did some headers and went into the 10's. The car on the street was very fun, just enough power to keep me happy on the daily commute to work lol.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Your car is proof a MT82 can run the numbers. Outstanding work on shifting/launching that car! I hope to replicate your ability in the next 6 weeks or so after i install a blower that was just ordered.

What are some of the details on your suspension setup?

When you go FI what gears will you run?

Last edited:

01bluesnake

Established Member
Your car is proof a MT82 can run the numbers. Outstanding work on shifting/launching that car! I hope to replicate your ability in the next 6 weeks or so after i install a blower that was just ordered.

What are some of the details on your suspension setup?

When you go FI what gears will you run?

I loved the MT82, never had an issue and honestly a very nice trans compared to previous Tremec's fitted in the mustangs. I had my 3.31's gears still, plan was to toss those back in for FI. The suspension is listed on the first post, but mainly consisted of all BMR products, great stuff. I no longer have the GT though, now have a '94 cobra getting a yote swap. I do miss my '12 though, was a nasty setup.

congrats on the PB , car looks great.

Thanks. Those were the fastest, but sadly last runs for the car. Ended up trading the GT in for my Raptor, and picked up a '94 cobra im currently doing a coyote swap on.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Haha yeah, i started reading the thread on my phone and didn't catch my screen name. As i was reading the thread, i thought the setup sounded very familiar, then realized it was mine from last year lol. At least it gives guys an idea what the CJ setup is capable of.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Did u see rev auto posted a video of a 3700lb prem auto mustang with the CJ mani(full bolt)on pump 93gas 10.98 run. It's my friends friend car is nasty. Ur car was the reason I swapped to the CJ set up actually have ur cai n u ported my manifold. I'm looking forward to going to the track this spring hope for something in the 11s but nothing crazy like ur car

01bluesnake

Established Member
Did u see rev auto posted a video of a 3700lb prem auto mustang with the CJ mani(full bolt)on pump 93gas 10.98 run. It's my friends friend car is nasty. Ur car was the reason I swapped to the CJ set up actually have ur cai n u ported my manifold. I'm looking forward to going to the track this spring hope for something in the 11s but nothing crazy like ur car

Yeah, the Rev Auto car is moving for sure at that weight. Nice, glad to see it made you confident in the setup. The big thing is choosing the right gear, and tire combo. The 3.90 gear and 28" slick was a perfect match for shifting and getting through the traps right. Traction and being able to leave hard will be another area to focus on.

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Yeah that auto has 3.31 gears I have the stock 3.73 but Im thinking about swapping over to 3.31 since I'm not rlly a track person maybe 1-3 times a year if that. But I would like to those roll half mile races n b a highway monster

Users who are viewing this thread