Cig lighter died...fuse ok. any ideals?

VEGASbabyVEGAS

I }> MY HONDA
Established Member
A couple nights ago my cell phone charger got stuck in the cig lighter (near the shifter) after having a heck of time getting it out... neither power points work. Checked the fuse under the hood. Fine. both lighters look fine...checked connections...I just cant understand why all of a sudden both dont work.

any ideals? im stumped.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
You can check the wire to the lighter for power by popping the shift boot bezel off and checking it with a voltmeter. It's really easy to do.

VEGASbabyVEGAS

I }> MY HONDA
Established Member
check to see if the connection came loose or off mine did that pull the shifter bezel off

I checked connections... just for fun I will double check with a volt meter...Im assuming there will be nothing there since the plug is not working.:shrug:

are the two points tied together? Its a hair odd that they both quit working.

sc98cbra

Established Member
I hate to say this. But stick your finger in it. I had the same problem with both of my outlets. But it fixed itself when I installed my shifter.

ryan97cobra

Thanks, I Workout
Established Member
I don't know what it is but mine do that too they both stopped working after using my FM transmitter for my ipod, and the fuses are good and the connections on both are fine. It will even start working if i unhooked the transmitter then plug it back in and does the same thing with my cell phone charger.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Does your power seat still work? The two 12v plugs and power seat are on the same circuit.

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
i accidentally ripped one of the wires to mine when pulling the bezel off, dont work on your car after drinking

93cobrajunkie

Established Member
Could also be a ground. One wire should be a power, one should be a ground. Test the ground for continuity somewhere else on the body. Then you'll know if the ground is good.

Users who are viewing this thread