Christmas Mods, Opinions?

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Here is a list of mods i will be receiving for Christmas, just going to cut and paste the list, so don't mind the banter. Anything I should change, or something you think should come first? I can't add any Hp/fuel mods at the moment until I do something to the rest of the car.

Its a vert, and I still am paying for it, so I'm not prepared to do a weld in bar and a bolt in is better than nothing.

Steeda 4-point bolt in rollbar for 99-04 convertible

Steeda Sales
1 954 960 0774

---------

Eibach Pro Spring Kit for mustang cobra v8 convertible

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03springs.htm

1-281-261-6244

-------
Billetflow 99-04 Cobra IRS Brace (Red)

Steeda 3 point Strut tower brace 03-04 cobra

www.lethalperformance.com
Or 1-877-2Lethal

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
2.8 upper, Steeda idler, MGW shifter, Steeda CAI, SCT strategy flash, Horsepower by Hermann Tune, custom rear seat delete with stereo mount.

To my knowledge, convertibles come from the factory with full length subframe connectors, but with really crappy 430 lbs/per hour springs.

Good call bob, listing my mods first would have been smart.

cobraracer46

Banned
Tampa03cobra said:
Its a vert, and I still am paying for it, so I'm not prepared to do a weld in bar and a bolt in is better than nothing.

Steeda 4-point bolt in rollbar for 99-04 convertible

Bolt in roll bars stink worse than dog shit. If I were in your shoes, I would pay off the car and then get a good weld in roll bar kit like the one from Griggs racing.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Usually I would agree with you, but I don't plan on paying off this car. Its just not what I see myself driving in a couple of years. I figure a bolt-in roll bar provides better protection than nothing, and when I take it out, I can just plug the holes and replace the carpet.

The only thing I don't like about it is, it doesnt look like I can hook up a harness to it without having another bar welded to it.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am in the same boat. Christmas is a modding time of year! I am contemplating a full IRS build up, or a set of CCW's. I am not sure which way to go yet. I know that the IRS is a must, but dang it if those CCW's aren't calling my name :)

-Jeff

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I am in the same boat. Christmas is a modding time of year! I am contemplating a full IRS build up, or a set of CCW's. I am not sure which way to go yet. I know that the IRS is a must, but dang it if those CCW's aren't calling my name :)

-Jeff

Which CCWs? I REALLY want to get a set of the 505a rims!!! :bowdown:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I would most likely go with the Classics with the polished center section. I will need to sell the rear 10.5" cobra wheels that are on the rear now. I would probably sell them with the tires installed because I am planning on going with 18's when I do it.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread