Chris Cornell dead at 52

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
It's sad that incredible talent is so often tied to mental health issues. Chris will be sorely missed.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Loved Soundgarden since i was in high school I very vividly remember riding my Bike down to pick up a copy of Down on The Upside the day it was released. If i layed out my top 50 fav songs, I would say 10-15 of em would feature Chris Cornell on vocals.. easy.

Feel so bad for his kids. As a Dad, I can't fathom how dark of a place one would have to be in to not stick it out and see their kids grow up and be there for them..

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
It's good to see so many of you being fans of Chris Cornell's work. I have been a HUGE fan since Black Hole Sun came out in the 90's. One or my favorite songs that you rarely hear is 4th of July. You all should check it out if you havent heard it.

Anyhow, this really sucks. Being such a huge fan since I was like 13, and now in my 30's, I am getting very tired of all my 90's grunge favorites dying off. This by car was my favorite generation of music. Lithium is my favorite radio station on Sirius. Anymore when listening, all I think is.....this guy killed his self, that guy overdosed, this band broke up because this member overdosed....... Man! This really sucks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

cbj5259

Established Member
I graduated HS in '93 and spent my days listening to STP, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Audioslave...now think about how many of those guys are dead!? Cobain, Weiland, Staley and now Cornell. Crazy.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I graduated HS in '93 and spent my days listening to STP, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumpkins, Audioslave...now think about how many of those guys are dead!? Cobain, Weiland, Staley and now Cornell. Crazy.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I graduated in 2001 and I felt WAY more connection to the Gen X'ers than I ever have my own. music definitely peaked 1994-1995 if you were a fan of rock and genuine alternative.

RIP Chris, Im glad I got to see you with Soundgarden at least once!

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Chris done a special on Lithium. He played accuestic in studio and chatted about life and the death of former STP lead singer. My wife and I were talking about it today, about how we finished listening to it in the driveway before going into the house.
It just so happened, that today they were replaying it on Lithium. I turned it on while we ate dinner. Such an amazing talent gone way too soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

04MysticCobra

Established Member
^^^I did not see that but wonder if they played this song and video by Audioslave. With all of his hits over the years this is one of my favorite.

MG0h3

Established Member
I think it was a rerun that came on after the NHL playoff. SNL isnt normally on yet I dont think. At the end Jim Carry thanked Soundgarden so...

Brutal Metal

Established Member
You Tuber Stan Smith has a bunch of cool obscure vids on his page, on the night Chris died he isolated just the vocals and Kim's rhythm guitar track on "Jesus Christ Pose". This is fricken Fantastic!

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
im 34, to loose another voice i grew up with its hard. if we ever lose Dave Grohl ill be crushed. not to mention the old metal icons we've lost too.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
If Grohl and Rob Zombie checkout...then my youth would be worthless. Luckily, both of those guys extremely have their shit together.

Users who are viewing this thread