Chris Cornell dead at 52

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
That sucks.

I was planning on taking my wife to see Temple of the Dog this November as a surprise.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
sad to hear. he had such a unique and awesome rock voice. soundgarden was awesome. audioslave was great too.

seems like even when they kick heroin it catches up with them eventually, through depression.

paluka21

Established Member
That sucks.

I was planning on taking my wife to see Temple of the Dog this November as a surprise.
That would have been awesome to see. So, with ToTD, I hear that Eddie Vedder wasn't participating for whatever reason.
Also, Chris Cornell was reunited Mad Season with Duff McKagan, Mark Lanegan, and Mike McCready.While it wouldn't be the same without Layne, it still would have been pretty awesome.

paluka21

Established Member
sad to hear. he had such a unique and awesome rock voice. soundgarden was awesome. audioslave was great too.

seems like even when they kick heroin it catches up with them eventually, through depression.

Yeah, those guys when young got into a lot of bad habits which affected them for the rest of their lives. It's a shame really, because many of these artists brought a lot of happiness to peoples lives through their music.
My personal favorite from Soundgarden was Louder than Lovewith Bad Motorfinger a close second.

lastcall190

Established Member
Anytime I hear of someone such as him who dies, and may have had some type of history with drugs I can't help but feel that we should jump at any opportunity to carefully examine Keith Richards and Ozzy Osbourne.

I remember the Black Hole Sun vid as one of the first I saw on MTV.

paluka21

Established Member
I watch MTV classics often and they still play some of these old songs on Rock Block and 90's nation.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mancow in Chicago (97.9 The Loop) was reporting suicide this morning.

sdoo500

Established Member
One of the greatest voices in music. Obviously battling some demons, sucks to see true talent like that leave early especially because he was still performing and writing.

Watch some of his covers on youtube, especially "nothing Compares to You". Absolutely incredible dude. Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Audioslave, all some of my favorites.

Zodiac

Established Member
RIP, love some damn Soundgarden and Audioslave. The first music video I ever saw was for Black Hole Sun. I think I need to take the day off tomorrow to mourn and listen to some good music.

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
It's sad that Eddie Vedder is now the sole survivor of the grunge music era pioneers.

I've been listening to Soundgarden and ToTD all day in memory of Chris. It's hard to believe it was a suicide because it never appeared, at least outward, he was dealing with demons like Kurt was. Also, it wasn't expected at all, unlike Scott's death. As sad as it was, everyone knew he would eventually OD and it wasn't really shocking when he passed. Chris appeared to straighten out his life and was still active writing and touring. Just a sad sad day for everyone who enjoys great music.

Like many others, I grew up in the 90s, when times were simpler before the internet and smart phones, etc., listening to this music. MTV and this music was our outlet so these loses are really sad. End of an era if you will...

R.I.P Chris and say hello to Heaven.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread