Child cancer or serioues illness.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
Good to hear he's heading home for Christmas man. Get some cartoon mornings and daddy naps in there. Looking forward to more pics of the happy boy!

slow06

Established Member
Well I got a great update, his eye exam went very well. Well enough to start his cryotherapy and laser therapy. After 1 round of chemo the tumors have shrunk a lot. His retina seems to be floating around now due to the tumors shrinking in his right eye. 4 out of 5 of tumors were able to be treated. One tumor is under the retina and they are hoping to shrink it, before pulling the retina up and laying it back down, they also think he is able to see some light through his eye now. The Dr. was even surprised how well 1 chemo treatment worked.

A lot of progress has been made here in the last month, but our hopes are high and I can't wait to get up there this weekend.

I appreciate the thoughts and prayers and will continue to update this thread. Here are the pics of his progress.
52f18ad7596d594fb1551909dd0cb4e3.jpg
abadd35d053d8eb03350b83518170a04.jpg
b97596293492e3bc181575db5c933d8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

slow06

Established Member
Update, Friday night I got a call at work, his hemoglobin went from a 7.7 down to a .5, it caused his body to go into shock and sent his heart rate up to 224 BPM and called in the crash team for him. I left work grabbed my bags and made the 12 hour drive. Most stressful 12 hours of my life. By the time I got there they had got his heart rate back down under 150.

Monday we took him to his genetic testing and we have been told this gene started with him and his mother and I are not carriers. Later that day we were released to come home. He did awesome on the way home, looking out the window, and watching videos on the tablet.

I am so glad to have him home for Christmas and his B-day, this year it seems very special. It also feels great to wake up at 3 am and make him a bottle and lay him back down, it's all the little things I have missed. I know I didn't get to see him for a month, but it felt like a life time.

All his numbers are fine, and we got the St. Judes affiliate 8 minutes away if we need them. He is playing and running around. Today we will finally put up our Christmas tree and decorate a little.

I can't tell you guys how much everything has meant to him, his mom and myself. I will keep updating this thread. We go back on the 8th of January.

kind off topic, but with me traveling a lot by myself, what would you recommend to carry? I want to stay under 500 for a pistol but want looking for something reliable.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
My heart goes out to you and your family, and glad you were able get your sweet boy home for the holiday.

As for what to carry on the road within that budget. Find yourself a used G19. Load it with Speer Gold Dots, and an extra mag.

It's what I carry on the road.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Update, Friday night I got a call at work, his hemoglobin went from a 7.7 down to a .5, it caused his body to go into shock and sent his heart rate up to 224 BPM and called in the crash team for him. I left work grabbed my bags and made the 12 hour drive. Most stressful 12 hours of my life. By the time I got there they had got his heart rate back down under 150.

Monday we took him to his genetic testing and we have been told this gene started with him and his mother and I are not carriers. Later that day we were released to come home. He did awesome on the way home, looking out the window, and watching videos on the tablet.

I am so glad to have him home for Christmas and his B-day, this year it seems very special. It also feels great to wake up at 3 am and make him a bottle and lay him back down, it's all the little things I have missed. I know I didn't get to see him for a month, but it felt like a life time.

All his numbers are fine, and we got the St. Judes affiliate 8 minutes away if we need them. He is playing and running around. Today we will finally put up our Christmas tree and decorate a little.

I can't tell you guys how much everything has meant to him, his mom and myself. I will keep updating this thread. We go back on the 8th of January.

kind off topic, but with me traveling a lot by myself, what would you recommend to carry? I want to stay under 500 for a pistol but want looking for something reliable.

Merry Christmas and happy birthday to the little man. I hope you guys have the best holidays of all time and his health continues to improve.

As far as a pistol I agree with @OETKB. Before I even read what he wrote I’d say Glock 19. They ain’t pretty but they sure as hell work every time.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
Merry Christmas, maybe we can get a pic of the little guy on christmas? My wife is watching this pretty closely. Can't go wrong with the glock, it' ugly but it will never fail you. They may also feel chunky or clunky, remember you can customize the grips and REALLY change how the pistol feels. That being said, I carry a 1911 or a G19 lol. Depends on what I grab. Be safe, and love on that boy!!

slow06

Established Member
Merry Christmas, maybe we can get a pic of the little guy on christmas? My wife is watching this pretty closely. Can't go wrong with the glock, it' ugly but it will never fail you. They may also feel chunky or clunky, remember you can customize the grips and REALLY change how the pistol feels. That being said, I carry a 1911 or a G19 lol. Depends on what I grab. Be safe, and love on that boy!!

Definitely will be posting pics of the little guy. He has got a ton of presents. I am getting ready to set the tree up, spent all day at the mall and other stores, trying to shop for 6 people. It was nuts, but fun.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Thanks for the pictures. I'm glad Anthony is doing better. Look at that smile. Get a M&P if you don't like the Glock. 9mm. Because of this thread I shared some of my Christmas bonus with St. Jude. Your story really shed light on the great things they do. P.S we'll still be praying.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
Man, that makes me sincerely happy to see that. Just need more good news nowadays, have a merry christmas! Damn, hes cute with that smile.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Man, I wish I could bear this illness instead of your kid. No child deserves to suffer or go through this. I’m sorry, but also happy to see the progress. I can only wish the best & I really can’t say how hurtful this is to see a child go through this. I can’t imagine my daughter going through this, it’d just kill me...

Users who are viewing this thread