CHICAGOLAND COBRA 03 MEETING THIS SATURDAY 8/23/03

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Jim, it was great to meet you. I really enjoy talking with other car people. My non-car loving friends and neighbors treat me like I'm a looney tune.

You see how much info you can get first hand from talking with others who have the same car. Exhaust selection for example. Everyone has different likes but it helps if you can hear a bunch of systems at the same time.

Good to see everyone who came today. [Except for Chicago Mike who told me I need halfshafts on my car. jk, Mike. Thanks for sharing your experiences.] Tim was talking about a closed dragstrip event on the 20th of Sept. at U.S. 41 in Morroco, Ind.. That sounds interesting.

See you all at the next meeting.

:beer:

p.s. Mike [Get ready] here's the flex trim website you were looking for.

http://www.allaboutfishing.com/stor....asp?manufacturer=TACO+METALS&model=FLEX-TRIM

Last edited:

FearblueR1

Established Member
Re: Post Meeting

Originally posted by Jpatte
Post Meeting

I would like to thank everyone for coming today. Except Tim, he beat me on a rolling 30mph race.

Oh come on John, it really wasn't that bad. :beer:

Personally I think Hank (hj16) is not only going to have to worry about Dan. There might be a blue streak that goes flying by, what the :cuss: was that!!! :eek:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
The red one is going to be even a little more blurred.
The 6# lower went back on last night.

Anyone have an 8# lower they want to sell?

Dana

Last edited:

flyn high again

Established Member
Hank,

They're dissing you bad, man.

I think you'd better come into town Sept. 20 and we'll see what's what and who's who. Of course if I beat any of you, I'll be bragging forever. Not likely but everyone loves the Underdog! Where's my ring with the super energy pill?

http://www.delorie.com/users/dj/tidbits/underdog.wav

There's no need to fear! Underdog is here!

when criminals in this world appear
and break the laws that they should fear
and frighten all who see or hear
the cry goes up both far and near
for Underdog! Underdog! Underdog! Underdog!

speed of lightning, roar of thunder
fighting all who rob or plunder
Underdog. Underdog!

when in this world the headlines read
of those whose hearts are filled with greed
who rob and steal from those who need
to right this wrong with blinding speed
goes Underdog! Underdog! Underdog! Underdog!

speed of lightning, roar of thunder
fighting all who rob or plunder
Underdog. Underdog!

See you at the track!

If you have DSL or cable click on the wav file. It's about 500 kilobytes.

Last edited:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
It's not the halfshafts, it's the hubs and rear axles :p Rizza will hook you up, Mark knows the sound.

MODS update:

1. Rizza fixes the brake lines tomorrow morning.
2. K&N Aircharger goes in this week.
3. Sept. 6th (Saturday), in goes the IRS Subframe AND Differential bushings AND Borla Stinger
4. MM Subframe connectors asap after the bushings at a different location.

I need the info for the place in Hammond that can do the Subframe connectors.

Also, considering the Tri-Ax shifter for the sake of SHORTER throws. Anyone have any other ideas?

Mike

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
Yes, pulley, flash, and BFGs. But why stop there! Then TB, lower pulley, headers, x-pipe, 3inch catback, and a reflash. If that's not enough get that NX wet shot or the Nitrous in a bag dry shot! :thumbsup: If your goin go, GO BIG :beer: :beer: :beer:
Glad to see your getting your car takin care of now Mike.

I'm suppose to find out today when my new engine will be in. Hopefully I'll be back on the road soon. :coolman:

flyn high again

Established Member
Half shafts/axles are the same thing. I talked to SVT. They weren't much help as usual. I think they can only talk in generalities. They said bring it in and have it looked at. OK.

I think I'll take it to my original dealer first and if they can't fix it take it to Rizza. You taught me about the multiple service dept. problems so I want to avoid that if I can.

Hey, Mike, how come at the meeting you were leading every Cobra with your Saturn? We turn into the restaurant and you're sitting there waiting for us. What do you have under that hood?

:)

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
It must be that ZMAX oil additive I put in, along with the DOHC 16-VALVE stickers!

I didn't mean to pass everyone up, but since I was the Saturn, I didn't have to stay with the pack, plus the long line of Cobras seems to be going slow with everyone trying to stay in line. I rev the heck out of my Saturn too, I treat it like a rental car lol

Mike

flyn high again

Established Member
It's tough when some guys don't know where we're going and we only have a couple radios. If you speed up, you lose guys in traffic. Good luck with your car.

hj16

Established Member
Re: Re: Post Meeting

Originally posted by FearblueR1
Oh come on John, it really wasn't that bad. :beer:

Personally I think Hank (hj16) is not only going to have to worry about Dan. There might be a blue streak that goes flying by, what the :cuss: was that!!! :eek:
You better have that girly blue ride of yours bringing a WHOLE lot more than that pathetic 460rwhp if you even want to stand a chance.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
The red one is going to be even a little more blurred.
Yeah, you're right. It will be kinda hard to make out colors in my rear view mirror.:D

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
Hank,

They're dissing you bad, man.

I think you'd better come into town Sept. 20 and we'll see what's what and who's who.
Let'em have their talk. Its all in good fun:)

I wont be able to make it out. School.:(

FearblueR1

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Post Meeting

Originally posted by hj16
You better have that girly blue ride of yours bringing a WHOLE lot more than that pathetic 460rwhp if you even want to stand a chance.

Thats alright,

I will save my hazards for your slow moving 12.5 at 114.3

I wonder doesn't the state of IL require slow moving tractors/vehicles to have an orange triangle sign?

Don't worry Hank - I will stop by Farm and Fleet and pick you up one. :eek: The orange should contrast with the black, very nicely! :beer:

Oh, and I will let you borrow my binoculars so you can see my hazards at the finish line.

:beer: Good Fun it is! :beer:

Kidding all aside nice times!

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Rolling Thunder Racing in Oak Lawn. Don't get your IRS Subframe connectors done there though. He says the MM IRS connectors look like toothpicks and he said it doesn't matter if the suspension is loaded, he said he does them on jackstands. MM strongly recommends against that. I'm having the MM IRS SC done in Hammond at a shop on a drive-up lift.

Mike

Originally posted by jscud
Mike,

Where are you getting the irs and differential bushings installed?

Jeff

hj16

Established Member
Just wondering Tim, whats your best time? With all that power on tap you should be in the 11s easy.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
We shouldn't worry about who's got a Cobra that's .2 seconds faster than the other. All that matters is that you kick the ass of non Cobra owners, such as honda drivers who think they are god

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by ChicagoMike
We shouldn't worry about who's got a Cobra that's .2 seconds faster than the other. All that matters is that you kick the ass of non Cobra owners, such as honda drivers who think they are god
Its all in good fun Mike. Just a little bit of guys competitive nature being let loose.

I'm should you'll understand once your snake grows some balls:)

J/K:-D

FearblueR1

Established Member
Its funny you should ask. I haven't been to the track yet. Vacations and shitty weather.

But yesterday I used a G-Tech type device that I tested on the Grand Prix last year. It was right on the money, with my times at the track.

I reprogrammed it Sunday, and tested it in the car. With bad wheel spin I was at 12.2. The last pass I got, with minimal spin was 11.9, but struggled with 3rd gear.

Now yesterday was pretty damn hot too. So I really don't know what it will do on Sept 20th. Hopefully, with alittle cooler weather I would love to dip into the 11's.

Need to get back to the dyno, Rick reprogrammed the chip. So who knows where things are at HP/TQ wise.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by FearblueR1
Its funny you should ask. I haven't been to the track yet.
BAM!!! And there you have it. The shit-talker has nothing to back him up. Get some slips, then proceed to talk trash.

J/K Bro. I'm sure the SB can dish out.

Users who are viewing this thread