CHICAGOLAND COBRA 03 MEETING THIS SATURDAY 8/23/03

Jpatte

Established Member
Hi,

We are going to have a meeting this Saturday August 23, 2003 @ 10:00 a.m... The meeting will be at my house.

John Patterson’s
2840 Farmview road
New Lenox, IL

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...nox&state=il&zipcode=60451&homesubmit=Get+Map

We will wait for every one to come then cruise to a restaurant and have lunch.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO COME
This might be the last meeting for the year. I have commitments at work that will go into the fall and standing out in the cold having a meeting is not good. Been there done that earlier this year.

Give me a notice either by emailing me at [email protected] or on the SVT forum.

Have a good one, sorry for the late notice.

John Patterson

hj16

Established Member
Sorry John, wont be able to make it out this time. I leave for school in the morning. 1000+miles in a minivan, and no Cobra for 9months. I'll try to make some of the big meetings next summer, but it is now a 110mile drive instead of 5miles. We moved out of the place in Frankfort and into the new house in Bloomington. But when I do come up, I can assure you I'll give Dan a run for his money in the power department.:)

Have fun, and I hope the turn out is great.

Later.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
John,
I should have the pump on by then, so I'll be there.

Hank,
9 months is a looooooong time to catch up. Lots of new stuff in the near future. You can try though!

Dana

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
Hank,
9 months is a looooooong time to catch up. Lots of new stuff in the near future. You can try though!

Dana
Long as you're sticking with the Eaton I think I'll have a chance. :D

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Sorry Hank, but there are also changes planned to the intake in the future.

Good luck at school.

Dana

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
I would come up again, but my car is getting torn apart at the moment. I took it in for the tick, and now they got Ford in on it, so I don't know how long it's going to be. Hope you guys have fun.

Jpatte

Established Member
agenda

The adgenda is up in the air. As soon as everybody gets here we will determine if we want to go to lunch or stay at the house.

If we go for a cruise we will leave my house at 11:30 and go to Hooters in Orland park. The parking lot to the south of Hooters is usually open. This is where we held our first meeting a year ago. Will should arrive in orland about 12:15 to 12:30 if someone would like to meet up with us. Please let me know or phone me on saturday 815.922.1338 if that is your plan.

I hope this helps out cliff.

Jpatte

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I have to work in the morning. If I get off early enough I'll try to meet up with you. Hank, good luck in school. Bloomington?

Later, all

Cliff

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I'd like to come, but I'm not 100% sure I'll make it. It's a very long drive for me (70 miles), so it will take about 2 hours each way. A 4 hour drive eats a big chunk out of the day. But I really want to see some other Cobra's. Especially some with mods and the "tick". I want to hear this tick first hand to be sure I don't have it.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Alright, I asked one of my employees to work Sunday with me instead of Saturday and I switched jobs around so I will be there after all.

Nytebyte,
The only "tick" I've heard among our cars was Hssss03. After hearing it in person we do know what it sounds like so we could probably tell you yes or no. Hssss03s tick was pretty obvious. So you're saying you DON'T want to drive your car for 4 hours? And maybe my math is wrong but it looks to me like 70 miles at 140 mph = 1/2 hour each way. [Just joking with you].

See you all there, :beer:

Cliff

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
Yes unfortunately I won't be able to make it up, but the next time I do, the tick should be gone. (hopefully). It has gotten a little bit louder and more distinct since I was up there last.

Jpatte

Established Member
Meeting

Looks like were having a good turn out again. I will see everybody tomorrow.

Just remember the meetings at my house not at Bill's drywall.
Use the link (Mapquest) on the first post of this thread for directions.

Jpatte

Call me if you need directions
815-922-1338

Jpatte

Established Member
Meeting

NyteByte I'm gonna be there. Assuming I don't get lost! See you all at 10:00 am.

Nytebyte,

Just give me a call on my cell 815.922.1338 if you need help with directions.

John Patterson

Jpatte

Established Member
Post Meeting

Post Meeting

I would like to thank everyone for coming today. Except Tim, he beat me on a rolling 30mph race.

John Patterson

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Re: Post Meeting

Originally posted by Jpatte
I would like to thank everyone for coming today. Except Tim, he beat me on a rolling 30mph race.

Looked like you got smoked from where I was sitting. :p

Of course I have no room to talk since I was the slowest.

Today's meeting was great. I'm really glad I came.
- Learned a LOT of new stuff.
- Finally got the answer to the rear-end pop issue.
- Got to hear all kinds of exhaust systems.
- Saw some awesome cars with serious mods.
- Went on a wild cruise with a pack of 8 Cobra's.
- And best of all, I met a great bunch of guys.

Also did my first mod! John was kind enough to give me a K&N filter. It quite noticeably improved the throttle response. It's VERY noticeable on the highway at speed. Also, I'm getting an extra pound of boost. Thanks John!

Can't wait until our next meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread