Chevy the most reliable brand

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I'm surprised at that news as well. Goes to show that no brand necessarily stands at the top of the heap. Any more surprising news to report, on any brand?
Fact...I worked for GM, Ford and Dodge at one point and I learned they are all junk...just hope your vehicle wasn't built on a Monday or a friday

They all had the specific issues but Ford seemed to be the better of the three in the long run.

Toyota I can't speak first hand on, but my friends have a few and they have been good to them, yes they had thier issues too...the one rusted aweful but the power train has been solid...lacked mpg compared to the fords and GMs but th ey always got thier boats to the launch on tourny day

tracycali

Established Member
I thought that commercial was a satire, or something

Nobody can honestly believe that Chevy - or GM as a whole - is the best at anything.

I'd wager it's GM in general that has electrical issues.

Have you ever paid attention to how many GM trucks and SUVs have a DRL that's not working? I swear it's probably 75% of them I see on the road.

And it’s electrical problems AGAIN that’s delaying the mid engine vette. Anyone want to wager whether it’s really going to be fixed when released?

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tracycali

Established Member
I thought that commercial was a satire, or something

Nobody can honestly believe that Chevy - or GM as a whole - is the best at anything.

I'd wager it's GM in general that has electrical issues.

Have you ever paid attention to how many GM trucks and SUVs have a DRL that's not working? I swear it's probably 75% of them I see on the road.

Even Progressive Insurance is riffing on the Chevy commercials. The one where Jamie’s mom flies in on wires is classic.

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I am seeing it across the board. Chevy trucks and truck based SUV's are alright. Ford is so/so but on the whole seem better than GM or Chrysler. Europeans problems are just nuts and the prices are out of this world. Japanese small units are incredible, but as you get into the bigger ones they start seeing more issues with suspensions and drivetrains. Koreans are killing it, but it may be that I never see them because of the billion year warranties.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Chevy will never be #1. I drive Gm and accept the fact that there will be shit wrong that the dealer just shrugs and says “we cant fix” or “its normal for these trucks”.

Now on the other hand. I beat them like i beat my dick. Hard and fast. Once its warmed up well its time to get to work and i dont let up until the job is done. So far both have held up and not let me down yet.
Whats the issues with all there trucks having heading lights out all the time?

CLN 6R

Established Member
Dude it’s crazy. Some days I write up more chevys and jeeps at my dealer than I do hondas. The Chevy equinox has to be the worst thing to come out of GM.
My wife has a 2014 Equinox, had it just over 5 years, pretty much no issues at 88,xxx miles.

Most all my family and wife’s family own GM products and have had very few issues. Only thing my SS has is squeaky brakes and the seat heater doesn’t seem as hot as other seats I’ve sat in. That’s it. Plus it’s about 1000% more fun and better sounding than any Honda or Toyota that’s made.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Whats the issues with all there trucks having heading lights out all the time?

Electrical issues as per gm norm. Wifes Camaro has loud brakes other than that it runs like a beast

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Electrical issues as per gm norm. Wifes Camaro has loud brakes other than that it runs like a beast

Shouldn't that be a major recall? Head lights or any light related issues is a safety ISSUE?

newbie1276

Established Member
I have a 2001 Yukon that I bought new now it 170k on it and still has the almost all the factory parts that came on it. the truck has been bulletproof.
The body has its normal spots that rust is coming through now.all of it appeared this year. Definitely not one that was built on a Friday afternoon. The old lady keeps telling me to buy myself a new one but I’m going to drive this till the wheels fall off.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have a 2001 Yukon that I bought new now it 170k on it and still has the almost all the factory parts that came on it. the truck has been bulletproof.
The body has its normal spots that rust is coming through now.all of it appeared this year. Definitely not one that was built on a Friday afternoon. The old lady keeps telling me to buy myself a new one but I’m going to drive this till the wheels fall off.
6.0L im assuming?

Users who are viewing this thread