Chevy the most reliable brand

Recon

Established Member
The non DOD engines are longevity monsters. Seen some with 350,000 plus miles on them. The DOD engines last as long as you pull the DOD lifters and drop a mild cam in them.
My 5.3 is almost at 215k best truck I’ve ever had.

Pick your poison.

lilcoop03

Established Member
My 08 Silverado with the 5.3 has been phenomenal and overall the best vehicle I've ever had. 135k miles. I did replace the shitty 4L60E at 100k but other than that, no issues. I deleted the DOD in the tune and run good Mobil 1 oil in it.

My 06 Z06 is a H/C car and I've only had to put a battery in it. (32k miles)

I really couldn't be happier with either of my Chevy vehicles. Plus they are all paid for..

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
My 08 Silverado with the 5.3 has been phenomenal and overall the best vehicle I've ever had. 135k miles. I did replace the shitty 4L60E at 100k but other than that, no issues. I deleted the DOD in the tune and run good Mobil 1 oil in it.

My 06 Z06 is a H/C car and I've only had to put a battery in it. (32k miles)

I really couldn't be happier with either of my Chevy vehicles. Plus they are all paid for..

I was thinking about turning off the DOD stuff on my DD (08 Tahoe W/5.3)..Did you do anything regarding the high pressure relief valve in the pan? Some guys plug it, others say leave it alone. I have hptuners, so turning it off the DOD crap is no problem.

lilcoop03

Established Member
I was thinking about turning off the DOD stuff on my DD (08 Tahoe W/5.3)..Did you do anything regarding the high pressure relief valve in the pan? Some guys plug it, others say leave it alone. I have hptuners, so turning it off the DOD crap is no problem.

I didn't do anything with the relief valve. I paid a guy to turn off the DOD is all I know. And I know it worked because I could literally feel when it came on and it doesn't anymore. No noticeable difference in fuel mileage either so I'm happy.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I didn't do anything with the relief valve. I paid a guy to turn off the DOD is all I know. And I know it worked because I could literally feel when it came on and it doesn't anymore. No noticeable difference in fuel mileage either so I'm happy.

You feel any pick up in power? I wanna turn it off, but will eventually pull the heads a drop in LS7 lifters, maybe a small truck cam while I am at it. How is your oil pressure since deleting?

lilcoop03

Established Member
You feel any pick up in power? I wanna turn it off, but will eventually pull the heads a drop in LS7 lifters, maybe a small truck cam while I am at it. How is your oil pressure since deleting?

I did seem to notice a small increase in power (torque).. I think he said he adjusted the timing a little while he was in there.. No change in oil pressure

snakecharmer

Established Member
Those ads all cherry-pick from some particular source and at the end of the day the statistics they use can be made to say about anything. Each person's experience is different. For me, yes the Chevy's HAVE been considerably more reliable for me than the Fords. But I know folks that have the opposite experience.

Users who are viewing this thread