Chevy is this a joke? Z/28 starting @ $75k

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Wonder how much it will be after the dealer mark up, I'm also curious to see what the z06 will go for now

Considering base to mid model cars are destroying previous top dog models, I wouldn't be surprised if the new Z0whatever is in ZR1 territory.

Dixarect

Cobro
Established Member
I have a buddy who has been dreaming about this car, I just told him what the options, horsepower are, etc. Safe to say he is sitting in a corner in his house crying because I just told him the price

kaz109

Established Member
LOL @ $75k. This means the C7Z must be $100K+ Ugh

I said a long time ago that the C7Z would have a starting price of 100k.....can't wait to see if I am wrong. So far I have been right about all GM's new cars whether it was about price or HP numbers .

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Guarantee this car will be over 100-125k once it hits the dealers due to "MARKET ADJUSTMENT"

Bet me.

yenko boy

Established Member
More expensive then I would like as well... But when you look at the tech on this car, Carbon ceramic brakes, spool-valve dampers, 305's front and back, aero for 440+ pounds of down force at 150mph, light weight wheels super sticky tires ect... This is not cheap tech and add in development cost and this is what you have. A lot of cars that won't perform half as well cost more. Also Mark Stielow was the chief engineer on this project for old school camaro fans that speaks volumes in itself.

Last edited:

Marc

Established Member
I freaking knew it! Before I got banned on Camaro5.fanboys I told them the car would be at least $75K and with dealer markup you are looking at $100K+. Most of them were predicting $45-$50K...freaking dreamers. Big Al said it would be the most expensive Camaro ever built--no freaking chit. I would rather own a stingray vette then this overpriced thing. Hell, give me a ZL1 and you can make it faster for cheaper, AND have all the creature comforts like a radio, A/C, etc...

Fools and their money are soon parted...

Alensvsix

Established Member
Idiots pay $65k+ every day for the POS ZL1. Why not take the dumbasses for every dime they're worth?

The new Camaros have been overpriced from the start, and it's just getting worse.

With overpricing they just try to safe/ hold the resale value ....tactics...and for sure not worth the xtra money....

Sick03Vert

Banned
I seem to remember Ford introduced an expensive limited production "race car for the street" 13 years ago that did not have air conditioning, or a radio, and the Ford faithful went nuts for it. They still do to this day. The funny thing is the 2000 Cobra R in today's money, adjusted for inflation, would be exactly $75,000....

But since this is a Chevy and not a Ford, it's dumb. Fanboys crack me up. :lol: :rollseyes

I'm not a fanboy of any brand...I've owned both, including 2 5th Gens. But you back Chevy AND JJ Watt....so....that explains a LOT. ;-):poke:

In all seriousness though, the Cobra R had no competition at the time. Nowadays, it's easy to go out and get something that will eat the Z/28 for a fraction of the price. Actually, it could easily be done with your SS. :thumbsup:

now you dun gone and stepped in it son....:pop:

I caught quite a few looks laughing out loud at that at work. :D:beer:

It's dumb because Chevy already has a performance car at that price point. When the 2000 Cobra R was released, there was nothing in Ford's portforlio to even compare it to in price, or performance.

Why would you pay so much for a "race car for the streets", when for the same money you can have a car that performs nearly as well, if not better, PLUS all the creature comforts?

Oh wait - it's the back seats, isn't it? :rolleyes:

:beer: Exactly.

You are living in a dream world

Yeah, you are. But we all know this. ;-)

A loaded C6Z is already over $100k. It wouldn't be too far off for a C7Z to be $95k for a base model.. :shrug:

All Corvettes are hugely overpriced new and suffer dramatic depreciation the first couple of years. No offense to any Corvette owners here, as I know quite a few guys that own them and are cool, but I think they would actually agree, seeing as to how I can get a slightly used (think around 5k miles or so) C6Z06 for right around $45k. Now, if that is a 2011+ model, I'd say it would run more like $60k+, BUT that's still a steep hit from the six figure original price.

Just IMO. I think Chevy is hoping the Z/28 will be the collector's item the Terminator is....but it won't happen. Again, when the Terminator came out it was the first of its kind to carry a full factory warranty. The Z/28 isn't the first of anything....it's not even the first overpriced Camaro.:poke:

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
Another reason I'm stoked I switched to Ford. I used to be a hardcore GM guy but last go around with my GTO swore me off them forever. This only sweatens the deal. Oh and dealer markup puts it at 100K from what a guy on a waiting list said on another forum.

Hope GM burns to ground someday

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
2007 GT500 were selling for 100K with mark-up. Wonder how that is working out today?

500 is not a lot of models IMHO but still don't see it commanding big money in the next few years when someone decides to sell it..

mrlrd1

Established Member
seeing as to how I can get a slightly used (think around 5k miles or so) C6Z06 for right around $45k. Now, if that is a 2011+ model, I'd say it would run more like $60k+, BUT that's still a steep hit from the six figure original price.

WTF are you talking about? No wholesale BS...

The only "slightly used" C6 Z06 you're going to find for $45K is a 6-7 year old car with 50K+ miles. So they lost 30% of their original value in that 6-7 years. Most cars do far worse! And 6 figures? They were mid 60s!! :rollseyes

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I seem to remember Ford introduced an expensive limited production "race car for the street" 13 years ago that did not have air conditioning, or a radio, and the Ford faithful went nuts for it. They still do to this day. The funny thing is the 2000 Cobra R in today's money, adjusted for inflation, would be exactly $75,000....

But since this is a Chevy and not a Ford, it's dumb. Fanboys crack me up. :lol: :rollseyes

^^^ This pretty much sums up the thread right here.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
Guys, it's that expensive because GM had to pay Honda royalties for using the Prelude's taillights.

Never_Enough

Established Member
A loaded C6Z is already over $100k. It wouldn't be too far off for a C7Z to be $95k for a base model.. :shrug:

I meant starting price. They only made 471 C6Zs in 2013 I believe. Not exactly hot selling cars.

Users who are viewing this thread