Chevy is this a joke? Z/28 starting @ $75k

Sick03Vert

Banned
Idiots pay $65k+ every day for the POS ZL1. Why not take the dumbasses for every dime they're worth?

The new Camaros have been overpriced from the start, and it's just getting worse.

Sick03Vert

Banned
That cant be right. the ZL1 is less than that.

Oh, it's right. The ZL1 trim is now a LOWER trim than the Z/28.

Crack is a hell of a drug, and GM is high as shit. Trust me, I work for the bastards.

By the way, notice that, for $75k, you DON'T get air conditioning or a radio. That's another $1200 option.

Sadly, I bet we sell these.

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
I can't see it being that much more than a base C7, but I suppose I could be wrong.

I mean, this IS GM we're talking about.

Last edited:

SVTPete83

Established Member
Pretty crazy that it can beat the boss 302......

For almost double the price!

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
It's expensive but I don't doubt this car could actually be fast.

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
I see what they are doing!!
They are adding the dealer mark up to the msrp....genius!

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
Seems like a cool car for those into that generation camaro, but not 75k cool.

I recently read how a GM engineer mentioned the zo6 wouldn't continue if sales didn't pick up, yet they're cranking out close to 6 digit Camaros? Give me a break. Before long we will only have the Mustang on the street as happened before. Way to be competitive GM.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Seems like a cool car for those into that generation camaro, but not 75k cool.

I recently read how a GM engineer mentioned the zo6 wouldn't continue if sales didn't pick up, yet they're cranking out close to 6 digit Camaros? Give me a break. Before long we will only have the Mustang on the street as happened before. Way to be competitive GM.

Pretty much.

Then again its no wonder when the only people affording these cars are geriatrics emptying out their retirement funds to be able to recreate their younger years.

I dont see the Camaro lasting if they keep raising the price, then again the sales figures have been good for the Camaro, especially against the Mustang in terms of units sold. Though I wouldnt be surprised if its still a loser in terms of profit for them.

o2gt

Established Member
Im sure the car will have very good performance but 75k just seems out of hand for this car. Im happy to see chevy making special addition cars but this just seems silly. I can understand wanting to build a car that will perform above the expectations that people previously had for these cars but why not take some of the performance out of the car and lower the price so the camaro faithful can afford one. seeing this makes me happy that ford keeps the mustang price in check.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I'm interested to see how the 15 mustang GT performs around the track. Pretty sure it will be quicker than the Boss and it would be pretty funny if the GT beats the 14 Z28 as well.

I have not been paying attention over the last year, does the Z28 beat the Boss rather handily or is it still kinda close?

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Is this serious? Who is going buy that shit. I'm really interested to see if it holds up to it claims because the claims they had for the zl1 was all lies.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I'm interested to see how the 15 mustang GT performs around the track. Pretty sure it will be quicker than the Boss and it would be pretty funny if the GT beats the 14 Z28 as well.

I have not been paying attention over the last year, does the Z28 beat the Boss rather handily or is it still kinda close?

The Z/28 does beat the Boss LS pretty good. I don't see the 2015 Mustang GT beating the Z/28, but I bet it won't be far behind.

Most of Camaro5 is thinking this is a great deal and "way to go chevy!" ....:bash:
2014 Camaro Z/28 pricing announced at $75,000 - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I'm sorry but $75,000?? You have got to be kidding me! Go buy a 2013-14 GT500, put a decent set of tires on it, change the brake fluid to DOT4, add good front brake pads and you will run really close with the Camaro around the corners and DESTROY it in the straights, all while retaining the factory warranty and saving over $15,000 AND having a radio and A/C.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
looks like they added little fender flares to squeeze those 305s up front. which in itself is crazy.

it has ceramic brakes too.

many optioned out gt500s are selling at $75k, this is their version. i would think it would have more power or at least close to a ZL1. at only 500hp i assume this thing weighs a bit less since its got 80hp less. that's quite a bit.

i think the car looks cool but it could be at a lower starting price.

camaro faithful will buy them. the ones with deep pockets anyways..
and remember, not everyone wants a vette. even some chevy boys. anyone who can afford this car probably has a vette parked next to it too lol

Users who are viewing this thread