Chevy Cruze Steering Wheel Falls Off

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
haha no not really. couldnt care less. just find it funny the dude really waste his time spell checking/grammer checking me and everyone

hemadfreddy.gif

JSZ03

Local Mustang Legend
Established Member
could be the race model with the "quick release" steering hub?

F'n GM junk

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
whoever made that vid is a total A-hole. totally one sided and no one is there to defend GM at all. I bet the people got 2-3 papers in the mail explaining the recall but they just trashed them, and now all they want to do is blame GM for thier ignerance

Best thank the mods this isn't Smackdown. :pop:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Here we go again....

One car has an issue and someone makes a damn video to get everyone scared. Lets not turn this into the Ford/Firestone fiasco.

There are literally thousands of parts that can go wrong on a car, and this happened to be on the steering wheel. We don't know if it's a part defect, or if someone was having a bad day at work.

How do we know that this isn't some elaborate sabotage by someone looking to make a quick few million suing a large corporation. It's happened before.

This

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Didn't you read? There is a recall for the issue. Sabotage? Chevy sabotaged themselves for cutting corners in build quality. :shrug:

Didn't you read

"Chevrolet has reportedly issued a recall of 2,100 of its Cruze compact car in the U.S. and 400 units in Canada after one car was found to have an improperly attached steering wheel. While the defect sounds terrifying, Chevrolet says the mishap hasn't caused an accident or any injuries.

According to The Detroit News, Chevy is confident that only one car had the issue, and the recall is a precautionary measure. According to the story, Chevy says it inspected more than 2,000 vehicles at the plant where the defective Cruze was built and several hundred more at dealerships and didn't find any with a similar fault."

The facts are one single car has reported this issue and GM is checking a few thousand care just to be sure. We do not know if it was some crazy anomaly, widespread defect, or possible fraud.

I guess we shouldn't talk about the several hundred thousand F150's currently being recalled because airbags mysteriously deploy and have injured hundreds of people. Sounds like cutting quality corners to me.

See how stupid that sounds.

One random internet video shouldn't start are worldwide panic.

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Didn't you read

"Chevrolet has reportedly issued a recall of 2,100 of its Cruze compact car in the U.S. and 400 units in Canada after one car was found to have an improperly attached steering wheel. While the defect sounds terrifying, Chevrolet says the mishap hasn't caused an accident or any injuries.

According to The Detroit News, Chevy is confident that only one car had the issue, and the recall is a precautionary measure. According to the story, Chevy says it inspected more than 2,000 vehicles at the plant where the defective Cruze was built and several hundred more at dealerships and didn't find any with a similar fault."

The facts are one single car has reported this issue and GM is checking a few thousand care just to be sure. We do not know if it was some crazy anomaly, widespread defect, or possible fraud.

I guess we shouldn't talk about the several hundred thousand F150's currently being recalled because airbags mysteriously deploy and have injured hundreds of people. Sounds like cutting quality corners to me.

See how stupid that sounds.

Id like to see those vids too. totally one sided and full of BS. cars are a mechanical thing.. mechanical things break and sh*t will happen when you make millions and millions of cars! everyone will have issues at some point. it doesnt give the right to bash the company. w/o GM, FORD, toyota.. where would we be? cruising around on bicycles.. then a chain would pop off the sprocket and some dick would make a vid and call out huffey.. come on people

Stroszek

Goes to 11
Established Member
So, I gather there are a few who would buy one of these for one of their beloved family members. Then there are the ignerant ones like me.

There are things I would expect to go mechanically wrong even with a new car. A potential catastrophic failure such as the steering wheel coming off is not one of them.

YoungJim

Established Member
They should get together with Toyota and their flaky accelerators and come up with a Bumper Car Special.

Seriously though, I'm glad the occupants of that vehicle walked away, and that GM has something resembling a handle on this. A tilt-steering lock that doesn't work is one thing (I drove a Cavalier like that once when I was young) but the whole thing in your lap? Gee whiz.

Jim

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

But it will, what a PR nightmare for GM.

Whenever a recall is issued that puts lives at risk, people tend to make a big deal. Ford, Toyota, GM or whoever. I honestly don't blame them. :shrug:

If my family was driving in a car and the accelerator got stuck or the ****ing steering wheel fell off I would let people know about it. Regardless if the manufacture issued a recall.

black Robra

THIS IS STANG #6
Established Member
Id like to see those vids too. totally one sided and full of BS. cars are a mechanical thing.. mechanical things break and sh*t will happen when you make millions and millions of cars! everyone will have issues at some point. it doesnt give the right to bash the company. w/o GM, FORD, toyota.. where would we be? cruising around on bicycles.. then a chain would pop off the sprocket and some dick would make a vid and call out huffey.. come on people

In the good word of Justin Timberlake: Cry me a river!

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
i mean even if they didnt put a bolt on the thing, one would still have to pull on the wheel pretty far and hard to get it off the splines..... i have noticed the new gm steering wheels arent as much of a press fit as they used to be, and they use a big torx bolt instead of a jam nut, but still i dont see why somebody would pull on the steering wheel while driving

Users who are viewing this thread