Chevrolet SS… Thoughts?

Blown 89

Established Member
I like the idea but am leery of anything Chevy makes. Especially low volume cars. Every part is a special order, expensive, and poorly engineered.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Was going to buy one until the dealer told me they sold the black one and only had red ones.

20% off MSRP for 39k for the last year model.
No surprise they've held strong value wise. Chevy was retarded in marketing them
Buddy did exactly that when he bought his (got the 20% off). Still has it and has visually tweaked it a bit.
2020-12-12_21-45-14_061.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Buddy did exactly that when he bought his (got the 20% off). Still has it and has visually tweaked it a bit.
View attachment 1796552
That is a great looking SS. I love it bathed in white! Awesome wheels showcasing the red calipers. Heavily tinted windows round out the exterior. Very nice!

muscleatsrice

Established Member
I always liked the 05-06 GTOs better but the SS is a sweet car. I want a GTO badly.

I agree they are cool cars. If you get one I recommend getting the manual version. My friend had an 06 with an auto , and nothing but transmission problems at stock power level.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Was going to buy one until the dealer told me they sold the black one and only had red ones.

20% off MSRP for 39k for the last year model.
No surprise they've held strong value wise. Chevy was retarded in marketing them

Wow,

They were lucky to find 20% off...

Back then, I only seemed to find Black & Auto ones to be discounted at all.

Came across literally only TWO that got my attention:

BOTH w/ manual 6-speed and in the Copper & Wild-Green colors.... where I was ready to throw-money-at...
BUT both dealers stuck to their guns and wanted MSRP.
Wasn't worth it to me then.... oh well.

For me, I looked at these as Corvettes w/ four doors, a backseat plus trunk-space!
Thought about a mild supercharger upgrade to boot.

..................................................................................................................

There's a few I've seen that look sharp with the Aussie Holden badging versus the original "SS" logo.

Real98roush

Established Member
CTSV V2’s (2009-2015)are the better choice IMO. Same size, nicer interior and far better performance for the same price!

LS WUT

Established Member
CTSV V2’s (2009-2015)are the better choice IMO. Same size, nicer interior and far better performance for the same price!
Didn’t they have some sort of cooling issues with the supercharger? My buddy had one, I think they covered it under warranty.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
My neighbor has one. Looks so bland. The Holden was a much better looking vehicle
For whatever reason I like them. There is a nice 04 blue one with a magnuson blower on it that does to all the cruises in my area.
Though it’s not the 05-06, I still like it a lot. They aren’t the spiciest car out there but I like them for some reason.

Real98roush

Established Member
Didn’t they have some sort of cooling issues with the supercharger? My buddy had one, I think they covered it under warranty.

The intercooler bricks are weak, so most people reinforce them.

I had an 2011 for 3 years, would still have it if I didn’t get hit, and it was an amazing car. Had a few mods (pulley, tune, E85 & headers) and it still drove like stock unless you got into it. Really comfortable and reliable.

Bought it for $35k with 22,000, sold it for $35k with 55,000 (repaired)

48e5a66fb7c69ba9948a015af8b4b548.jpg

CLN 6R

Established Member
I gotta disagree here. My brother had a 2009 V and I was close to selling the SS for it when he was trying to sell it. But after driving it home from Maryland to St. Louis, the SS was more comfortable, and interior is nicer and has more bells and whistles. From a moddable standpoint though and going fast, V all day though. I couldn’t get over the datedness the V’s interior felt though compared to the SS. Interior space is smaller in the V too.

LS WUT

Established Member
The intercooler bricks are weak, so most people reinforce them.

I had an 2011 for 3 years, would still have it if I didn’t get hit, and it was an amazing car. Had a few mods (pulley, tune, E85 & headers) and it still drove like stock unless you got into it. Really comfortable and reliable.

Bought it for $35k with 22,000, sold it for $35k with 55,000 (repaired)

48e5a66fb7c69ba9948a015af8b4b548.jpg
Really clean for sure man. I love it.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Smidge ot, but years ago my buddy was looking at an used but clean LS2 GTO and a 08 Mustang GT(new) for around the same price.

Told him he was crazy going for the GT over the GTO. Had nothing but issues with the Mustang to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread