Check out this monster 4V build...

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Huge congrats go out to Andy Manson and crew for making it all the way to the semi finals in a 52 car field full of heavy hitters in X275. :beer:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Yup, having a great time down here in sunny FL. Andy is sitting on top of the ladder with a record breaking run of 7.62@177!!!

AWESOME !!! Way to go guys !! I'm there with ya.... In spirit !! lol..

Talk about a tight field of cars... The top 4 cars are within .0750 of each other..

If that fella in the second spot hooks better, he has 10mph on Andy, that could be a factor.. or maybe his car is just a pig and needs a diet. Is that a turbo car in second place Ken? They have to be 200 lbs heavier than the blower cars..

Maybe....... Andy and Dave just haven't shown their cards yet !!!! :rockon:

Super job.. Tell the boys we're back here rooting them on. Suppose to get 6-10" of snow up here tonight... :fm:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
If that fella in the second spot hooks better, he has 10mph on Andy, that could be a factor.. or maybe his car is just a pig and needs a diet. Is that a turbo car in second place Ken? They have to be 200 lbs heavier than the blower cars..

I heard Andy was on the rev limiter when he trapped 177, so he should have some more upstairs.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I heard Andy was on the rev limiter when he trapped 177, so he should have some more upstairs.

He might. Sounds like maybe a gear change might be in order.

That guy in second has too tall of a gear and can't get it down low to work maybe.. Hard to say. Wish I could be there to watch and see. I'm sure Ken will let us know what's up with the mph on that other car. 10mph is huge.. I would have to guess it's a turbo car with 1500 plus hp and has to leave soft on the tune, but gets big one the back half.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
:fart:
AWESOME !!! Way to go guys !! I'm there with ya.... In spirit !! lol..

Talk about a tight field of cars... The top 4 cars are within .0750 of each other..

Super job.. Tell the boys we're back here rooting them on. Suppose to get 6-10" of snow up here tonight... :fm:

Yes, the #2 qual is a 85mm turbo car. His car weighs 75lbs less then andys.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
He might. Sounds like maybe a gear change might be in order.

That guy in second has too tall of a gear and can't get it down low to work maybe.. Hard to say. Wish I could be there to watch and see. I'm sure Ken will let us know what's up with the mph on that other car. 10mph is huge.. I would have to guess it's a turbo car with 1500 plus hp and has to leave soft on the tune, but gets big one the back half.

That car has been a 1.18 60' so he can get it to work just fine off the line. He just wasnt showing all his cards this weekend. He was running 2.6x backhalfs which was atleast a tenth faster then anyone else in the class. The reason, Precision turbo with their new billet wheel. Its a bad mofo.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
That car has been a 1.18 60' so he can get it to work just fine off the line. He just wasnt showing all his cards this weekend. He was running 2.6x backhalfs which was atleast a tenth faster then anyone else in the class. The reason, Precision turbo with their new billet wheel. Its a bad mofo.

1.18 ain't no joke !

Wow, that car was moving out. Am I mixxing up this class with Outlaw, that the turbo cars need to be 200 lbs heavier?

Regardless, Andy made a GREAT showing in the last two events. Very impressive with a new combo.... and to think, two weeks ago, that motor was still on an engine stand, still needing to be installed, some piping fabbed up and tuned, before trailoring it to Georgia for the first race.

You guys did a fantastic job! Will only get better from here !:rockon:

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Agreed JR, 1.18 is no joke. Although it seems that low 20s high teens is the norm for a drag radial car. I am really curious how the hoosier drag radial will work on my car this year.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
1.18 ain't no joke !

Wow, that car was moving out. Am I mixxing up this class with Outlaw, that the turbo cars need to be 200 lbs heavier?

Regardless, Andy made a GREAT showing in the last two events. Very impressive with a new combo.... and to think, two weeks ago, that motor was still on an engine stand, still needing to be installed, some piping fabbed up and tuned, before trailoring it to Georgia for the first race.

You guys did a fantastic job! Will only get better from here !:rockon:

Its really hard to explain the rules, there are so many in the class. Sean's combo is a pushrod motor(under the base c.i. of 365) with a 85mm turbo. His base weight for the class is 3225lbs BUT depending on which heads he runs(there is a list of approved heads) he can deduct 100lbs.

You maybe thinking about the weight a 4V/88mm combo has to carry...

They were able to learn a few things after the 1/8 mile race in GA last week but we got a ton of info from the 1/4 mile race this past weekend. This motor is making some crazy power based on the amount of fuel being used. There is just no way to simulate on a dyno air being forced into a forward facing supercharger going 180 mph so we found out Andy's fuel pump is maxxed, which is the biggest efi pump Weldon makes! So one of the plans before the next race is to do a belt driven mechanical pump. Also Dave has some ideas to make the valvetrain happier at higher RPMs. And the TB needs to be relocated so there is a less turbulent, more even flow of air into the intake manifold.

Just getting started with this car...although I do have to say the chassis is well sorted out. I bet this car would hook on a snow covered road, lol!

FriQ1-19.jpg

Last edited:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Its really hard to explain the rules, there are so many in the class. Sean's combo is a pushrod motor(under the base c.i. of 365) with a 85mm turbo. His base weight for the class is 3225lbs BUT depending on which heads he runs(there is a list of approved heads) he can deduct 100lbs.

You maybe thinking about the weight a 4V/88mm combo has to carry...

They were able to learn a few things after the 1/8 mile race in GA last week but we got a ton of info from the 1/4 mile race this past weekend. This motor is making some crazy power based on the amount of fuel being used. There is just no way to simulate on a dyno air being forced into a forward facing supercharger going 180 mph so we found out Andy's fuel pump is maxxed, which is the biggest efi pump Weldon makes! So one of the plans before the next race is to do a belt driven mechanical pump. Also Dave has some ideas to make the valvetrain happier at higher RPMs. And the TB needs to be relocated so there is a less turbulent, more even flow of air into the intake manifold.

Just getting started with this car...although I do have to say the chassis is well sorted out. I bet this car would hook on a snow covered road, lol!

FriQ1-19.jpg

Belt driven pumps are the schizzle !! until the belt breaks.. :fm: Hopefully that doesnt happen. Do they make a double belted pulley just in case? If not I would want one fabbed up.. lol...

Yep, that car leaves Perfect. I bet that extra air is giving that car another 50-75hp easy, if not more....

Gonna be a fun season watching this car progress..:rockon:

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Belt driven pumps are the schizzle !! until the belt breaks.. :fm: Hopefully that doesnt happen. Do they make a double belted pulley just in case? If not I would want one fabbed up.. lol...

Yep, that car leaves Perfect. I bet that extra air is giving that car another 50-75hp easy, if not more....

Gonna be a fun season watching this car progress..:rockon:

or they eat themselves up... john carter was pitted next to us at WCF and his aeromotive pos ate itself alive and filled his fuel system with aluminum from the pump. him and petty were up pretty late pulling the fuel system apart cleaning the aluminum out of it. just about every injector was clogged at the top screen.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I took my video camera but unfortunately I didnt use it much...

Here is one of Andy's runs from the top end...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJlrMVS_LE"]YouTube - NMRA 275[/nomedia]

And here is Sean Lyons turbo car...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_HA6SLlFF8"]YouTube - Sean Lyons[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread