changed ring and pinion today, 3.31 to a 4.30

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
so far i like it a lot, my car isn't a daily driver its a drive to the strip and back, and date night car... with that being said it pulls very hard and stays singing... did this so i could use 4th in a 1/8 mile will let u know how good it dose by saturday... plan to make a motor run, then a nitrous pass.... will run as many times a possible but they will probably not let me run again after NO2 pass due to not having a rollbar...

kingnut

Established Member
Didnt someone install some 4.90's on svtp... still 430 holy torque.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Yea that's a lot of gear. But this guy swears by his 4.56's. And he went slower and couldn't figure out why LOL.
WWW.S197FORUM.COM

Good luck!

lol, I wonder why he ran slower. :lol1:

These cars, especially stick cars do not need a steep gear.

OP supercharge your car and see if you like the gears then.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
well i guess we will see saturday, the car will stay on the nitrous, no supercharger for me.... im a torque junkie i guess

chuckstang

Established Member
why are there not more 410 and up geard 5.0s? My old 99 cobra had 410s and I loved it but the thought has not really even entered my mind with this new car because nobody seems to be doing it...?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
why are there not more 410 and up geard 5.0s? My old 99 cobra had 410s and I loved it but the thought has not really even entered my mind with this new car because nobody seems to be doing it...?

different transmission gear ratio's.

Sly Fox

Established Member
Good luck with the MT-82 and spray running those gears. If there is a weak link in your drivetrain you are guaranteed to find it with that combo. How much juice are you hitting it with?

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
Good luck with the MT-82 and spray running those gears. If there is a weak link in your drivetrain you are guaranteed to find it with that combo. How much juice are you hitting it with?

a 50 for now went a 7.01 last week and it was at 6800 in 3rd crossing the line, hoping to be close to that in 4th this go around

wnt2gofst

Banned
Why would you want to shift more, I had 4.10's in my '11 5.0 and it sucked. I had 7800 redline shifting at 7750 and with a 28" tire I shifted to 5th in the 1/4. On really cool nights was able to stay in 4th. But either way I was basically shifting into 2nd before the 60ft was over.
Going into 5th isn't really better. Seems like the best manuals are running 3.90 gears.
from the famous tapatalk.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
because to me it feels like it takes way to long to hit 2nd and 3rd... my buddys 97 cobra has 4.88s on a 100 shot ive ran it a few times and i like how close the gears are in it

F2kmech

Established Member
Where are you running at? Mooresville?

I have 4.10 in my 2011 and am looking to go down to 3.73 so I don't shift into 4th. But I only run for fun. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread