Changed my mind and went with the BOSS

shelbysvt

Established Member
If I didn't care about a warranty I would have gotten a boss LS and made it a twin turbo. But since I can't do that I got the gt500 and now I'm trying to turn it into a boss :(

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Congrats I love that color on the boss. Not so much on the regular gt. You can't really lose getting a boss or a gt500. They both have there own strength.

mullens

Established Member
Congrats. That was my 2nd choice if my deal on the'13 fell through. Fantastic car all around. And very limited. I don't think they'll be a 14 Boss

eagle eye

Established Member
Unfortanately, I can't afford to own both but the Boss will always have a special place in my heart.
Enjoy

monsterpost

Established Member
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I didn't except this much. There will be a power adder in the future but for the first year I'll leave it alone power wise.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
You really have never heard of a GT500 with transmission problems? Interesting to see that someone who has only been here for a few months is telling someone who has been here for many years to leave. Amazing.

sorry to say but the 2011-2012 GT500 had alot of 1-2 shift issues. do a search an youll find alot of guys did have issues. but IMO the Tremec is a much better tranny than the MT82 which i have owned both.

662HP631TQ

Established Member
You really have never heard of a GT500 with transmission problems? Interesting to see that someone who has only been here for a few months is telling someone who has been here for many years to leave. Amazing.

Come on Captain Sarcasm....Was your original comment in any way helpful? I've seen your posts lately. So tenure here means nothing as far as you are concerned. In any event I guess a J/K was in order for my post. I was just poking fun too.

Either way I like both cars BOSS and GT500. Very Nice! :bash:

Oh and the 2013 GT500 is extremely hard to acquire these days.

Lieutenant Sarcasm signing off!

MNCobra

Established Member
i was in the same boat, and in some cases still am...if anything happens with the deal on the GT500 i will for sure take that as a sign to get me a BOSS...enjoy your ride...

drmustang

Banned
Come on Captain Sarcasm....Was your original comment in any way helpful? I've seen your posts lately. So tenure here means nothing as far as you are concerned. In any event I guess a J/K was in order for my post. I was just poking fun too.

Either way I like both cars BOSS and GT500. Very Nice! :bash:

Oh and the 2013 GT500 is extremely hard to acquire these days.

Lieutenant Sarcasm signing off!

Interesting that you find yourself in a position here to judge people. The original transmission comment was Devious throwing a wet blanket on the guys new Boss 302 purchase by warning him about potential transmission issues. I merely responded to him. You might wanna smack him around first. It is amazing how tough some guys can be on an internet forum. Kinda like the pencil kneck who becomes a real badass when he is shielded within the confines of a moving vehicle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread