CHAMP missile

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
So why do we advertise what we have and how we are going to use?

Scare tactics?

No more days of element of surprise?

It's strategic. I would venture to guess these other governments and militaries are already aware of the technology we have so we aren't really letting anything out of the bag here except to the general public. It can also be used as a deterrent and scare tactic.

I always go by the assumption that was they release is a generation ahead of what is in development or is being secretly used. I imagine when the SR71 was revealed to exist they probably had another aircraft on the drawing board that was completely kept secret and possibly being used at the same time as well. Make it seem like what you have unveiled to the press is the best you have but in reality you have an entire generation of new top secret technology in play.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Next thing you know they'll have airplanes that are invisible to radar

We've had radar-defying tech in our military since the 60s.

I always go by the assumption that was they release is a generation ahead of what is in development or is being secretly used. I imagine when the SR71 was revealed to exist they probably had another aircraft on the drawing board that was completely kept secret and possibly being used at the same time as well. Make it seem like what you have unveiled to the press is the best you have but in reality you have an entire generation of new top secret technology in play.

I remember reading the development of the SR71 went back to the 50s.

What is being developed now wont be common knowledge until after mid century as best.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
While we've gotten pretty good at making "swords" Russia (and China) have gotten damn good at making "shields."
Look at all the nations buying the s400 and s500 over our patriot and even with the pack 3's the Israelis still developed "iron dome."
If when we fight Russia/China we are going to get dirt thrown in our eyes... and they know many of our favoite moves.

Sent from my Note9

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I remember reading the development of the SR71 went back to the 50s.

What is being developed now wont be common knowledge until after mid century as best.

They started working on the f22 in 1989 iirc

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."

Users who are viewing this thread