CFM Performance Baffled Billet Valve Cover Breather

paluka21

Established Member
That vendor needs to do some research before giving incorrect advice. Our breather is the ONLY one on the market that is MAF friendly and also the only one with a baffle. You should definitely put it back on and please take a pic while you're at it! :thumbsup:

Hector, please send me your email address and I'll be happy to send a picture of mine.

Gr8shelby

Established Member
I currently have a JLT oil separator on the passenger side of my 2014 GT500, do I need one one on the passenger side also if I purchase your breather?

Hector@CFM

It is good to have both separators but the PCV side is more critical. The breather and the separators serve different purposes but having all three components is the best way to go.

paluka21

Established Member
It is good to have both separators but the PCV side is more critical. The breather and the separators serve different purposes but having all three components is the best way to go.

Hector,

I sent my pic to the email address in your sig.
So you're saying it's best to have dual oil separators, one drivers side and one passenger side, and the breather?
That's what I ran with my old setup minus the breather, so it would make sense.

Hector@CFM

Hector,

I sent my pic to the email address in your sig.
So you're saying it's best to have dual oil separators, one drivers side and one passenger side, and the breather?
That's what I ran with my old setup minus the breather, so it would make sense.

Definitely. If you have to choose on the separators then get the one for the PCV line first.

paluka21

Established Member
Hector,

I noticed that I'm getting a little oil spray from the breather on the bottom of the hood directly above the breather. Is this normal?

Thanks again.

Hector@CFM

A higher than normal amount of crankcase pressure and blowby present in an engine increases the possibility that some will exit the filter. If it only happens once in a while then there's nothing to worry about.

paluka21

Established Member
A higher than normal amount of crankcase pressure and blowby present in an engine increases the possibility that some will exit the filter. If it only happens once in a while then there's nothing to worry about.

That makes sense. Thankfully I have a stock motor at 3500 miles, so I'm sure I'm good to go.

Thanks for the info.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great deal I love my GT500 and brothers Termi breathers, will order one for my '93 Cobra and other brothers Coyote Fox.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread