Malt Liquor Mafia
This takes more balls IMO.

1649332205305.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dude was very professional. Didn't panic. Landed it like a pro. Well done. 10/10

U.M.
Yep, he did an excellent job. Very fortunate, though, that he had a landing opportunity so quickly. He jokingly added at the end, "I'm glad you guys were right here".

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Crazy to me that something can just glide that far. Anyone have a guess as to what kind of speed he was maintaining in the air and then as he touched down?

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
No big deal ive seen worse

It was only NBD because of that pilot's skill and calm nerves.

Crazy to me that something can just glide that far. Anyone have a guess as to what kind of speed he was maintaining in the air and then as he touched down?

He was going at least fast enough where he had to bleed speed for over a 1000 feet (based on the runway markings) before he felt safe enough to allow his landing gear to touch the ground.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
It was only NBD because of that pilot's skill and calm nerves.

He was going at least fast enough where he had to bleed speed for over a 1000 feet (based on the runway markings) before he felt safe enough to allow his landing gear to touch the ground.

So 40 mph. Thanks.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
That was crazy, excellent landing. And big deal about the GFM. Those engines are expensive. Of all the stupid things people give money to this is far down the list.

It's not like he's asking someone to pay for his Cobra because the landlord knocked up his wife.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
That was crazy, excellent landing. And big deal about the GFM. Those engines are expensive. Of all the stupid things people give money to this is far down the list.

It's not like he's asking someone to pay for his Cobra because the landlord knocked up his wife.

the gfm, whatever I guess... just not sure why people think insurance would cover a parts failure.

B0B

Established Member
So 40 mph. Thanks.
In that airplane without flaps his best glide speed would be in the 80mph ballpark.

Cool video. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve landed at that airport. Good job on the pilot. He was on an IFR flight, and had there been an overcast layer between him and the ground this would have been a much different outcome.

Jefe

Established Member
Odd they didn't have emergency vehicles waiting for him?

Adamn

Established Member
Is that a real video? It looked to me like it was a simulator or game. The cockpit seemed a little animated and when he put his hand on the dash at 5:50 it doesn’t really look like a real human hand. At the 8:40 mark where you can see his nose it looks animated too

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Is that a real video? It looked to me like it was a simulator or game. The cockpit seemed a little animated and when he put his hand on the dash at 5:50 it doesn’t really look like a real human hand. At the 8:40 mark where you can see his nose it looks animated too
MC05NzkxLmpwZWc.jpeg

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
In that airplane without flaps his best glide speed would be in the 80mph ballpark.

Cool video. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve landed at that airport. Good job on the pilot. He was on an IFR flight, and had there been an overcast layer between him and the ground this would have been a much different outcome.

~80 mph is all it takes to get just enough lift to keep him afloat? That’s wild to me.

I always have this weird belief that as soon as a plane gets around 150 mph is falls like a brick, obviously that’s not the case as I’m sure lots of aircraft lift off lower than that.

Users who are viewing this thread