Centerforce DF 10 spline or 26?

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
Hey guys wanted to go ahead and purchase the centerforce dual friction. But not sure if i wanna go 26 spline....or just stick to 10?

Right now im ported, and going to slap on a whipple or KB in the near future. Any suggestions?

:beer:

Riceater52910

Established Member
Damn my clutch literally just went out about half an hour ago and i was wondering the same thing! The guy who put my last one in swears that the stock 10 spline will hold any power i can throw at it. Dont want to spend the extra money this time around if i dont need it.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
When I switched to a Whipple I did a 26 spline input shaft, Centerforce DFX clutch, new HD throwout bearing, and a roller pilot bearing. I figure it's all added insurance. I don't like waiting until I break stuff.

BTW, if your planning to go twin screw any time soon... ya might wana go better than the DF clutch. I was told by Jared at lethal the DFX or Spec 3 was the way to go with higher power levels.

Last edited:

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
26 spline for sure. When I replaced my clutch the 10 spline was twisted explaining why I had trouble getting the car into 3rd at times. It's 100x better now with the 26 spline. I really like my Pro-motion modified spec 3+ clutch, I would go for something better than the DF if your going to be throwing more power at it in the future.

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
26 spline for sure. When I replaced my clutch the 10 spline was twisted explaining why I had trouble getting the car into 3rd at times. It's 100x better now with the 26 spline. I really like my Pro-motion modified spec 3+ clutch, I would go for something better than the DF if your going to be throwing more power at it in the future.

recommend anything better?

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
Damn my clutch literally just went out about half an hour ago and i was wondering the same thing! The guy who put my last one in swears that the stock 10 spline will hold any power i can throw at it. Dont want to spend the extra money this time around if i dont need it.

lol and though i hear the same thing, i still wanna go 26 for extra security

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Nice, so basically im looking at:

Center Force DF 26 spline, CF aluminum flywheel or resurfaced stock? TOB, tob retainer sleeve....and good to go? lol

Oh yea, I forgot I also did the HD TOB sleeve and a Fidanza flywheel. Here is the list of clutch stuff I did..

26 spline Liberty Gear Input shaft
Centerforce DFX 26 spline clutch
HD Throwout Bearing
HD Steel TOB Retainer Sleeve
Roller Pilot Bearing
Fidanza Alum flywheel

BTW.. I got everything from Lethal. Thanks, again, Jared! :rockon:

Last edited:

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
Oh yea, I forgot I also did the HD TOB sleeve and a Fidanza flywheel. Here is the list of clutch stuff I did..

26 spline Liberty Gear Input shaft
Centerforce DFX 26 spline clutch
HD Throwout Bearing
HD Steel TOB Retainer Sleeve
Roller Pilot Bearing
Fidanza Alum flywheel

BTW.. I got everything from Lethal. Thanks, again, Jared! :rockon:

hmm i dont see any HD TOB's or Retainer sleeves from lethal....only ford racing or centerforce:read:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
hmm i dont see any HD TOB's or Retainer sleeves from lethal....only ford racing or centerforce:read:

Call Jared, at Lethal... he will hook you up.

The Sleeve...
http://www.lethalperformance.com/03...t-56-throwout-bearing-retainer-sleeve-p-12997

The HD TO bearing...
http://www.lethalperformance.com/03...ing-96-04-heavy-duty-throw-out-bearing-p-5509

Roller Pilot bearing.....
http://www.lethalperformance.com/03...ing-96-04-mustang-roller-pilot-bearing-p-5515

Here is the DFX clutch too...
http://www.lethalperformance.com/tr.../centerforce-dfx-clutch-kit-26-spline-p-14106

Last edited:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
lol hmmmmm time for more research! o and i forgot to mention< im also gonna need the 26 spline input shaft huh?

Yep!

Liberty Gear 26 Spline Input Shaft for T-56 [LG-26SPLINE] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

I decided on my DFX based off Jared's recommendation too. I was ordering a regular DF clutch along with my Whipple and all the supporting stuff. He said if I was shooting for 600 rwhp.. the DF clutch may not hold out. He said to go DFX or Spec 3.

Last edited:

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
A DFX clutch is alright if you don't mind chatter, otherwise I'd look at getting something else. The Centerforce LM series clutch held the power of my car very well on the street, no problems at all running 15psi and ~700rwhp and no chatter. I never took it to the track though...

I find that clutch has a pretty stiff pedal though! I'm replacing it with a SPEC twin for my new build (rated at 1395 ft/lbs :coolman: )

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Definitely give the LM series clutch a look then!

Centerforce LM Series Clutch Kit w/ Throwout Bearing (26 Spline) [CFT-LM26SPLINEKIT] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Just reading it's description makes me think it's perfect for you:

"The LM series Clutch is for those that need a little stronger of a clutch than the Dual Friction Kit but not as grabby as the DFX Clutch. The LM disc is very durable and can be used on cars up to the 600rwhp range. It is very street friendly and do a wonderful job taking a beating at the track."

Like I said though there is a bit of pedal effort with this clutch, so I definitely recommend upgrading the stock quadrant and going with a firewall adjuster as well.

Users who are viewing this thread