Cell phone?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
opinions?

I ended up getting my 5S wet. I do NOT want a 6 or 6 plus or anything bigger than a 5

Would you trust something like this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231982679095

Or for 150 more just by the new ME outright for 399 from ATT? The iphone ME appears to be the same size as the 5S but with most of the 6 features.

I'm not doing the next plan shit. That isn't happening nor will I pay more than the 399 and that is pushing it.

Bottom line, I'm totally happy with the 5S and would rather another one.

Zemedici

Established Member
eBay is super safe for buyers nowadays, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase anything off the site.

But electronics can be picked up super easy and cheap from Craigslist, pawn shops, Facebook garage sale pages, etc. bet you can find one for $100 or less

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
eBay is super safe for buyers nowadays, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase anything off the site.

But electronics can be picked up super easy and cheap from Craigslist, pawn shops, Facebook garage sale pages, etc. bet you can find one for $100 or less
I will not buy used like that as you can have issues like battery life and such.
I could upgreade one of my daughters and take their 5S but I won't for that reason.
They are going on 3 yrs old now and both kids complain of them "Acting up"

Have you even held or used a 6 Barry?

Yes. Without a case it is fine. Because of the work I do I keep a good case.
The 5S in a otter box is about the same size as the 6 with no case.
Put the 6 in a otter box and it gets huge.

Gary Macomber

Established Member
I hate that ATT is pushing that next crap, when my wife upgraded we had to order it online and then pick it up at the store 15 minutes later as the store wouldn't do it unless we did it through next. This was a few months ago but try going to the website and see if you can pick one up at the discounted rate without the payments.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Well, you know what my company does and all my guys have the 6 plus and have had zero issues. Otter box on the clip hooked on pants or the belt. That said, I debated a phone that size, but couldn't go back now.

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
I will not buy used like that as you can have issues like battery life and such.
I could upgreade one of my daughters and take their 5S but I won't for that reason.
They are going on 3 yrs old now and both kids complain of them "Acting up"

Yes. Without a case it is fine. Because of the work I do I keep a good case.
The 5S in a otter box is about the same size as the 6 with no case.
Put the 6 in a otter box and it gets huge.

Put a life proof case on it

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I had a 5S so did the wife hers ran out of memory so we upgraded. She wanted the 6. I got the 6S Plus. We both have the life proof case. I needed something durable case wise I work in a factory. I had an otter box with the 5S and liked it they make the life proof cases I believe. Your best bet if you don't like the 6 maybe the ME I-phone good luck.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
have a 6 and I love it, 6 plus is way too big (that's what she said)

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I have a Galaxy S7 and have a collection of 4K UHD underwater videos that I shot with it in my pool, like this one (not my video, just an example):

[video=youtube;dWYfTTvEXd8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWYfTTvEXd8[/video]

AAG

Established Member
I wouldn't pay more than $150 for a used 5s. I personally have the iPhone SE and it is a great phone. Minus the same exterior and screen, it is a huge upgrade over the 5s. I would say that 16gb is pushing the storage limit, which is why I went with 64gb. If you don't take alot of photos or store music, it should fine.

Sladester2

Established Member
5s you can buy all day for under 200 on craigslist or a facebook sell site. I would get a newer phone though for sure.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have a Nexus 6p, and it is by far the longest I've owned a phone without feeling the itch to upgrade. I love this thing. It's also tough a nails regardless of what some reviews say.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
hey barry,
i actually have a 5s with like 32gb and an otterbox that ive been meaning to list up. its AT&T but i had it unlocked. mint condition too :beer:

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i was perfectly happy with my 5s as well. ZERO issues. i just really wanted that big screen from the 6 Plus and finally pulled the trigger when upgrade time came. and it was an expensive trigger lol. $200 renewal plan (unlimited) plus $$ for more memory etc... but im super happy with my new phone. iphones have never let me down since day 1 with my 3gs.

funny thing about the battery. i have a small 2000mah? portable battery pack to charge it. it would fully charge my 5s and still have some juice left over. it can only charge my 6s plus to about 50% :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread