CDC Lightbar wiring HELP

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
so where does the positive on this hook up connect. I would assume it would connect to the third break light wire as it would from the CDC Light Bar instructions.

The instructions I posted assume that the light bar is already installed and working. Thus, you just connect into the existing wiring with this switch and it "iterfaces" with the convertible motor to turn the light completely off when the top is up.

I hope this clarifies everything...:beer:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Woo Hoo!
23.gif

PA SNAKE

Established Member
Okay guys…

I hate to dredge up a wiring post for 2008 but I need HELP..! Either I’m being a bonehead or I have a defective LBS Module. And to top it off… I like to think that I’m electronically inclined.

Here’s the deal… I installed my CDC lightbar in the vert today.. To test the brake light in the lightbar I did the following

Car: 2003 Cobra

- Connected the lightbar RED wire to the SOLID GREEN wire underneath the rear seat of the Cobra
- Connected the lightbar BLACK/RED stripe wire to GROUND
- Outcome: all of the brake lights work fine

Here’s where it gets fun: As per the directions as state earlier in this post
Before I started, I removed all the wire connections that I did above and I’m “assuming” the brake light power wire is the GREEN wire since it worked when I applied the brake and went off when I took my foot off the brake.

- I connected the BLACK wire from the LBS Module to the GREEN brake light power wire underneath the rear seat
- I wire nutted the BLUE wire from the LBS Module to the RED wire on the lightbar
- I wired in the YELLOW wire from the LBS Module to the YELLOW wire on the convertible motor
- I wired in the RED wire from the LBS Module to the RED wire on the convertible motor
- I connected the BLACK/RED stripe wire from the lightbar to GROUND

Tested as follows:
- I raised the top fully and applied the brake
o The lightbar light did not go on
o All other brake lights worked fine

- I lowered the top fully and applied the brake
o The lightbar light STILL did not go on
o All other brake lights worked fine

Any thoughts… would be greatly appreciated… :beer:
Rick

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
You didn't mention what you did with the white wire from the LBS module... everything else you did checks out with the instructions posted above. I'll be installing mine soon, so I'm hoping to hear what the answer is just in case I have the same problem...

PA SNAKE

Established Member
You didn't mention what you did with the white wire from the LBS module... everything else you did checks out with the instructions posted above. I'll be installing mine soon, so I'm hoping to hear what the answer is just in case I have the same problem...

My understanding is the WHITE wire is NOT used unless you intend to DISABLE the factory 3rd brake light. Since I want to have ALL of the brake lights lite, I did not connect that wire. Maybe that's the part I'm misunderstanding...

Any HELP..? :pop:

PA SNAKE

Established Member
No Problem... As soon as I find out what the answer is, I'll post the resolution..!! I'm hoping that someone gets back to me soon... I'm gonna try and finish the job today.

PA SNAKE

Established Member
Well... I found the answer to my problem... it was ME..! T

his morning I went out the garage... coffee in hand and was determined to fix the problem. I checked my connections one last time... and still it was not working correctly. So I went back to basics... I cut all the wires and started all over again.

I went to AutoZone picked up some splice connectors... and recrimpted all the wires again and sure enough... it worked... so apparently, one of the splice connectors was not crimpted all the way.

I'm good to go now...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I got your PM Rick. I'm glad you figured out the problem and everything is working. :thumbsup:

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
Hey PA Snake do you happen to still have the paper templates from CDC that show where to cut the interior panels? If you do, I'd be interested in having them. PM me! This also goes for anyone else who might have the templates.

Users who are viewing this thread