Catch can setup question....

DWalker

Established Member
Probably a stupid question, but I'm still curious if this matters. Would it make a difference if I had a vented catch can with a filter on top that only has one bung instead of 2 and I tee the 2 sides together and just run the one line into the can?

jdcobra

Established Member
Probably a stupid question, but I'm still curious if this matters. Would it make a difference if I had a vented catch can with a filter on top that only has one bung instead of 2 and I tee the 2 sides together and just run the one line into the can?

I had a JLT for the passenger side and sold it and bought the JPC breather package that comes with breathers for both passenger and driver

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I had a JLT for the passenger side and sold it and bought the JPC breather package that comes with breathers for both passenger and driver

this. but i made my own delete kit.

honestly nothing against the companies who make the cans but they all suck if you ask me. but then again i wanted to see NO oil in my intake and that is impossible with the cans. i will say this the JLT is a quality piece.

c_me_pass_u

Established Member
this. but i made my own delete kit.

honestly nothing against the companies who make the cans but they all suck if you ask me. but then again i wanted to see NO oil in my intake and that is impossible with the cans. i will say this the JLT is a quality piece.

So even with the JLT catch can oil still ends up in the intake?

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
So even with the JLT catch can oil still ends up in the intake?

yessir, breathers are cheaper and better :D. Also, I still don't, regardless of how many people who don't have breathers will say they do, have oil all over my engine bay. I've had the breathers for 5-6 months maybe more now.

DWalker

Established Member
This is the style catch can I'm talking about, it doesn't run back into the intake manifold at all. Both driver and passenger sides run into this and vented through the filter....

null_zps0017047c.jpg

c_me_pass_u

Established Member
This is the style catch can I'm talking about, it doesn't run back into the intake manifold at all. Both driver and passenger sides run into this and vented through the filter....

null_zps0017047c.jpg

Wow that's neat! Where did you get that?

c_me_pass_u

Established Member
How is one better than the other? Sorry for the questions but i dont know to much info on this...I just remember someone had said oil going back to the intake and I saw everyone getting JLT CC so I got it but now that I'm reading this it worries me

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member

null_zps0017047c.jpg

Yep I like that. Just as long as you make sure the car gets fully warmed up in the winter or it will quickly fill with water. Ask me how I know.

Users who are viewing this thread