Catch Can Install - Question About Capping Off Vacuum Sources Behind Blower

ripnesscobra

Established Member
I am about to install a vented catch can setup on my Cobra and have one detail that I am not sure about.

Do I cap off just the one tee connection that normally connects to the PCV valve on the driver's side valve cover (leaving the hose on the back of the blower connected to the hose on the lower intake manifold)? Or do I disconnect everything except the hose going to the lower intake manifold and plug that hose plus cap the fitting on the back of the blower?

Here is a picture taken from Mark Olson for reference to what I am referring to:

5917091263_2dced8dce4.jpg

Thanks in advance.

ripnesscobra

Established Member
I currently have a setup that includes an inline oil separator on the drivers side and I am not completely happy with it's performance. I am going to try the vented catch can setup running to both valve covers to see how I like it.

Any feedback on the questions in my original post would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

prostkr

Established Member
Cap the lower intake. Run both valve covers to the can. Adjust tune and forget about it. Make sure to service the filter on the can regularly. If not you will blow oil past the lower seals.

Users who are viewing this thread