Casper's Coyote Transplant

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Today was an amazing day....
Casper finally runs after sitting for FIVE years!!! She sounds amazing and can't wait to start enjoying her!!!!
970306492e830d6db3c2c300863abc57.jpg

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Post 26 ,you said you were painting the engine bay .
Looks like it didn't happen?
Nice shop, all Ford's .
I am sure when you get time you will post us a vid of Casper running ?

Nice job.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Post 26 ,you said you were painting the engine bay .
Looks like it didn't happen?
Nice shop, all Ford's .
I am sure when you get time you will post us a vid of Casper running ?

Nice job.
I had intended to paint the engine bay, but my friend quit his job at the body shop and I didn't have time to shop around nor did I know of anyone I trusted enough to paint the engine bay.

I'll post a video when I get one of it actually driving....all I have right now is from the start up last night.

brucesvt

Established Member
Congrats looks amazing now go and enjoy her.

Question:
For the strut brace is it a stock brace thats been modified?

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Congrats, Mike! Everything looks great!

Mine wasn't 5 years but I definitely know the feeling of hearing your car run again after several years of it being apart! Looking forward to seeing videos of your car putting in work on the track!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Very nice!! One quick question on start up. Did they prime the engine with oil first?
I know you have to be itching to drive it. I had my '04 down for about 9 months when I was doing my engine build in my parents horse barn and every day was pure anxiety... LOL

-Jeff

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Very nice!! One quick question on start up. Did they prime the engine with oil first?
I know you have to be itching to drive it. I had my '04 down for about 9 months when I was doing my engine build in my parents horse barn and every day was pure anxiety... LOL

-Jeff

Jeff, we really didn't need to prime the engine as it was only out of the Mustang GT for about a year. We attempted to turn the engine over several times (no fuel, had to run a wire differently) so I'm sure the engine got fresh oil where it needed to. The shop is a reputable shop with many more extravagant builds so I'm not too worried about it.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Gotcha... I forgot that it wasn't a crate motor... LOL

I should have re-read the thread again.. ha ha!

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
77a9c70e9103955c8b1418e5a0862d56.jpg

Picked Casper up today from the performance shop. Gonna bring her home & give her a wash before I take it to Chicane23 to get the torque arm, rear sway bar and 4-point cage installed.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Sick build! Must be a great feeling getting her back and running after a long build.

Thanks man. The build wasn't so long....just getting everything purchased and sourced out took the longest. And the downtime of 4 1/2 years of not being able to drive the Cobra when the 4.6 threw a rod.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
So I had the chance to really rev this motor and OH MY GAWD!!! can't drive it too much bc the toe in the front is gawd awful, but I will do my best to get a video of the revving motor for you guys to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread