d181939e4eaac1977b027eeb48f12c7e.jpg
7993198b9427dcc51cc91b8a59eec9c8.jpg

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Not happy about the cage install...
1a8240cb8038537b76a957cc65ec5fe0.jpg

a5f6d23ea0e878c03a2ab7a373721e66.jpg

Unfortunately that is how the MM cages are installed. In the 99-04 cars the back panels are more flexible and you can make a slice in them and slide them over the cage. The 94-98 cars have to have a section cut out. I haven't done it yet but I still have the pieces of mine and am planning to reaffix them. Planning to epoxy/super glue a small tab to the backside of the panel and then place some velcro on it, then place the other side of the velcro on the section that was removed. Should fit right back into place nicely. Honestly, with the seat re-installed and the seat belts left in place, you can barely tell that anything is even missing from my panels. You have to really look for it.

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
Yea it sucks our panels aren't flexible. I actually just used a hole saw and slid the back bars up through the plastic panels before bolting them to the main hoop. Not sure if this is possible if you weld the rear bars to the main hoop. But I will tell you the plastic panels are terrible to try and get in if you just hole saw them and slide them down the rear bars. There is little to no play at all. If you can get those pieces back and glue them back in it will be really tough to tell they were cut out.

Last edited:

94_5.slow

Established Member
Awesome project man! Didn't realize you were so close to Houston. I always assume people on here live states away from me.

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
I remember this car from back in the day. Glad to see you still have it. I know of a real '98 Saleen roller for sale with a spun rod bearing in Houston for $1200. I kinda wanna take on a project.:coolman:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I remember this car from back in the day. Glad to see you still have it. I know of a real '98 Saleen roller for sale with a spun rod bearing in Houston for $1200. I kinda wanna take on a project.:coolman:

$1,200? Yeah, that would be in my garage tomorrow if it were local to me. Throw in a junkyard PI 2v, easiest flip ever.

doubletrouble

The Mad Scientist
Established Member
$1,200? Yeah, that would be in my garage tomorrow if it were local to me. Throw in a junkyard PI 2v, easiest flip ever.
I was thinking 03-04 Cobra IRS and an LS swap.

Casper sorry to see about your mis-haps. Hopefully they will get sorted soon!

Last edited:

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
I was thinking 03-04 Cobra IRS and an LS swap.

Casper sorry to see about your mis-haps. Hopefully they will get sorted soon!

Holy crap David I didn't realize you still posted here. I definitely still remember your car Casper from back in the day. Good seeing still around!

Users who are viewing this thread