Casper's Coyote Transplant

CzchMex

Established Member
Anyone know if a swap in our cars we can still utilize the belt accessories...or simply put, the AC?

I live in Houston and with only 3 weeks out of the year being suitable for windows down driving (comfortably), I wouldn't do this swap until I know I can get AC working.

However! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Yes, the alternator, a/c compressor and power steering pump from the SN95s can all be transferred over to the Coyote. I'm from Houston and will definitely need AIR conditioning. Power by the Hour makes all the brackets needed for the transfer.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
where and what did you score the GT motor if you dont mind me asking. I looked into it two years ago and some places were asking 9 k for motor and trans used.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was a good price, Mike. Casper is coming along nicely. I love that you're swapping to the Coyote motor. You're going to have a strong running Cobra, and one that will yield a lot of looks and questions whenever you pop the hood. :)

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Been a while guys, here is where the Cobra sits as of now:
Engine bay has been gutted so that I can get the engine bay painted before installing the new motor:
IMG_3944%u00255B1%u00255D.JPG

Got the intake and valve covers back from getting hydrodipped, pretty impressed with the looks:
IMG_3834%u00255B1%u00255D.JPG
IMG_3835%u00255B1%u00255D.JPG

Picked up a MM K-member with control arms, PS rack, spindles and hubs....as well as some 18" Steed Ultralites:
IMG_3633%u00255B1%u00255D.JPG

Also picked up a T56 with a Stage 3+ clutch and MGW shifter.

Hope to get the car to off to a paint shop for the engine bay by next weekend then the engine and goodies will go in.

redrocket16

Established Member
Lots of nice quality parts being installed. Should make for one sweet ride when she's done. The hydrodip work looks awesome.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Thanks guys. Interesting that the front bumper support looks like it took a hit on the passenger side at one point, I've had the car since December 1999 and I know the front bumper is original.

Hopefully the progress will speed up, I have a 3-day track event at Texas World Speedway at the end of March.

redrocket16

Established Member
Thanks guys. Interesting that the front bumper support looks like it took a hit on the passenger side at one point, I've had the car since December 1999 and I know the front bumper is original.

Hopefully the progress will speed up, I have a 3-day track event at Texas World Speedway at the end of March.

Is the event the final roundup there? I just saw info for it. Looks like all the track slots are full but I was still curious about the car show for it.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Is the event the final roundup there? I just saw info for it. Looks like all the track slots are full but I was still curious about the car show for it.

Yes it's the final Track Guys event. If I don't get the Cobra running and handling the way I want it I'll be taking the Fusion for some track time.

GRUSE

Established Member
Very impressive and cool.
How difficult will the ECU be,will it require the cluster to be swapped or can it be spliced?

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Awesome swap I plan to do the same this upcoming winter. Bump for updates. Oh and make sure you take good notes in case I have to message you for help when my time comes lol.

Users who are viewing this thread