Cars and Copters- Plymouth Ma 9/15/13

03' White Snake

Established Member
A few of us are meeting at Olive Garden in Marlborough for 7 am and cruising down to meet up with others in Bellingham and ending at S&S in Plymouth with everyone else.

l337

Established Member
May or may not have talked to you guys today. TONS of Cobra's here today.

I was wearing 'Moostang' t-shirt and in a '10 Shelby (grey on black stripes). I talked to a few of you. This was a monster show.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Traffic was horrendous but it was a great turnout

Yea, we tried to discourage the couple hundred car caravans, because it's just too many cars at once converging on one small area.

However- we don't have final numbers yet- but we raised OVER $20k for the jimmy fund- thanks to the many of you that came out.

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Awesome show and nice to meet some of you guys. Epic cruise down lol.

In for anthonys go pro footage hah

l337

Established Member
Yea, we tried to discourage the couple hundred car caravans, because it's just too many cars at once converging on one small area.

However- we don't have final numbers yet- but we raised OVER $20k for the jimmy fund- thanks to the many of you that came out.

The organization is getting burned on its Facebook page for those who got turned away. I admit, the traffic was crazy. I left right when a bunch of Ferrari's and Lambo's were pulling in. Took me 45 mins to finally get of the place.

It sounds like the event was a success from a donation standpoint. I guess some people waited forever then got turned away. That's too bad.

Last edited:

gixxer1

Established Member
It was a great show and I'm told over 3000 vehicles but, getting in and out was bad. Glad I went though. Nice to meet you guys.

termin8rdsg

Established Member
Good times, sitting in the line took forever but it there isnt much you can do when you have hundreds of vehicles showing up. Did anyone see the Acura Integra lose its front bumper backing on the field? Some other guy on the way out couldn't close his trunk and was asking everyone for vice grips.

Regardless, it was a good time and the key is to arrive early.

Josh662234

Established Member
Great turnout today. There's not much you can do when there's thousands of cars trying to get in/out at once.
At least Chris was out there again this year playing parking lot fuhrer!
Looking forward to hearing final #'s, there were a lot of rich people there!

03' White Snake

Established Member
Had a great time today. Lots of nice cars. Traffic was a PITA.

Not a fan of on the way into the show having to drive through the sand/dirt to get all our clean cars dirty right before the show. But o well.

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Had a great time today. Lots of nice cars. Traffic was a PITA.

Not a fan of on the way into the show having to drive through the sand/dirt to get all our clean cars dirty right before the show. But o well.

Yea I was surprised when I saw that. Thankfully my car was already filthy:rolling:

It did look like they had it graded to be super smooth.. next year should be better. I am glad we all went as early as we did. Sucked waking up but sounds like we had it better than a lot of people for traffic (as hard as that is to believe)

howie8124

Established Member
My parents tried to meet up with me in there but they were one of the many who got turned away. Not that they were showing anything, but they told me many around them were trying to and those people we quite upset. It's a little upsetting that this event and location could have been prepared for about five thousand plus cars but didnt. There was plenty of grasshopper covered grass to be used for parking down where many mustangs were. I wasn't a fan of all the Hondas on the way in but it's the name of the game for this type of show.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Had a great time today, good seeing old friends and meeting new people.

That being said, a few observations.

Yes, traffic sucked balls, I got there at 9:30 and it took me an hour and a half to get in at 11.

Who allowed spectator cars to initially park in the show field, to the far left, if looking at the dj stand ?

And finally, there were some, not many, but some cars that clearly did not belong in there, a ranger with wheels, a few bone stock hondas and toyotas, etc. this would have freed up a little bit of space for more show worthy cars.

By 2pm the vendors were running out of food, I waited at the "chicken fingers and fries" line for 15 min just to be told there were no more chicken fingers.

And related to this, where were the trash cans ? Very hard to find.

Overall I am glad I went, weather was perfect, and again some top notch cars there. Anyone see the baby blue Aston Martin ? :rockon:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Ill address a few things- but I'm going to bed

1- the dirt coming in- the airport did that 2 days prior. We didn't know it, they thought they were helping evening the road out. Miscommunication- as we would have left it just grass

2- parking inside the event. We had 35 volunteers raise their hands to help park. 9 showed up. 9. Parking 5000 cars with 9 people is almost impossible. Because of this. Spectators got spread throughout. Unfortunate. But it happened.

3- the airport, in conjunction with the police department shut the event entry down at 12:30. It was deemed unsafe to have anymore cars come in.

4- multiple 100+ car caravans made it absolutely positively insane. As they all got there at once. And caused chaos.

5- we did not anticipate more than 4000 cars. We had parking for 4000. We parked about 5000, and probably turned away another 1000.

6- sorry about the food. We had 3 food vendors this year, but they had enough food for 6000 people. 10000 showed up.

7- we raised over $20k for the jimmy fund

Last but not least, thank you for your support, it was nice to see so many of you.

Gotta get son sleep

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Ill address a few things- but I'm going to bed

1- the dirt coming in- the airport did that 2 days prior. We didn't know it, they thought they were helping evening the road out. Miscommunication- as we would have left it just grass

2- parking inside the event. We had 35 volunteers raise their hands to help park. 9 showed up. 9. Parking 5000 cars with 9 people is almost impossible. Because of this. Spectators got spread throughout. Unfortunate. But it happened.

3- the airport, in conjunction with the police department shut the event entry down at 12:30. It was deemed unsafe to have anymore cars come in.

4- multiple 100+ car caravans made it absolutely positively insane. As they all got there at once. And caused chaos.

5- we did not anticipate more than 4000 cars. We had parking for 4000. We parked about 5000, and probably turned away another 1000.

6- sorry about the food. We had 3 food vendors this year, but they had enough food for 6000 people. 10000 showed up.

7- we raised over $20k for the jimmy fund

Last but not least, thank you for your support, it was nice to see so many of you.

Gotta get son sleep

I am sure next year will be better!

Users who are viewing this thread