Carroll Shelby's Performance Story

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Pretty good video. It's an hour long, though. I think a lot of people forget or don't realize that Shelby was instrumental in the original Ford GT40 program, and that the 427 Cobra inspired the Viper, which he also had a hand in.

That was an interesting tidbit on the Cobra chassis, too.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Bill Cosby, Carroll Shelby and the 427 Super Snake story. Skip to about the 11 minute mark.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The interview with Carroll was very interesting. I'm familiar with much of it, but learned some new and interesting facts. It's a long interview, but worth the time IMO.

SVTFastBack

Established Member
If he wasn't so greedy i'd actually like cobras, back in 07 at SEMA he was there and not an a shelby stand and he doesn't even want to shake your hand with out cash in it

railroad

Established Member
Shelby gave us a lot through Ford, but Ed Hugas IMO was the one to get Shelby in the door at Ford.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The 1000 HP claim for the 5.4. Skip to the 26 minute mark and listen through to the 27 minute mark. He didn't just say it's comfortable at 1000HP, but said it's very comfortable at 1000HP. Nice!

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
My parents went and had stuff signed by him. He literally just flat out told them pretty much anything that was mailed in for an autograph was done by his secretary. Basically, if you weren't there to see him sign it, he didn't.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I will watch later, Shelby gave us us a lot of cool vehicles, however he was a promoter and sales guy larger than life.

Users who are viewing this thread