Career Advice- Law Enforcement.

Jdb03shadow

Established Member
Congrats Jeff,
I became an LEO just this past year, feel free to pm me with any questions, despite everything in the media, I absolutely love this job and can't imagine doing anything else. It's very rewarding and it is what you make of it. Continue updating us on how it goes, I'm down here in NC if you need anything

JeffSeb

Established Member
Thank you,
I've finished all of the testing, just waiting for the official call.

I had one small setback in my polygraph. One of the questions was deemed inconclusive. The question was about past employment, so I imagine they will be digging deeper into that before contacting me. The detective conducting the test didn't think it was a big deal, but that it would probably delay the process a few days.

Jdb03shadow

Established Member
They had something like that on my polygraph, it's not 100% accurate and just another tool they use so sometimes it can give false readings, I felt like I was lying even when I was telling the truth just because they have you hooked up to everything, I was in a small enclosed room, and my interviewer was super serious, I'm sure you did fine

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
:pepper: wow. I can't imagine what cost of living must be.
Shhhhh, you're gonna ruin my pitch!

Yeah cost of living can be tough, depending what you want to put up with. A house in a horrible neighborhood goes for $600,000, a decent neighborhood goes for $750,000, and good neighborhoods go for $1M+. And these are all for houses built in the 70's.

JeffSeb

Established Member
With a week of PreBLEA schedule under my belt, I am starting to see how much I have to learn....

Wow, I have never felt so uncoordinated as I did in my first DT session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffSeb

Established Member
Any suggestions on where to buy gear?

Looking for a patrol bag and some pants/polos to hold me over through the academy.

JeffSeb

Established Member
Not sure what you mean by stress academy.

The academy is the state CJTC in WA.

Users who are viewing this thread