CARBCONN DYNO DAY OCT 9th

Joe5.0

Established Member
O yea lol, hey rick have you ever talked to that guy that owns the yellow gt with white top in your neiborhood?

JaKaL

Established Member
Originally posted by mean saleen
Hmwave or ricksvt. Or jakal. lol anyone with an 03/04 cobra.

I doubt it will be me; no pully. But I'm hoping to show a gain now that the Cat-Back is on.

Tylerb59

Established Member
^^ u have the kenne bell gt?

Not yet. ;)

That's Brett. He hangs out on Stangnet as "JetBrett".

I was at the last dyno day with the obnoxiously loud exhaust and measly 300rwtq. :(

Originally posted by team23jordan
shit...i think i know 2 mustangs out of 10 mustangs in arlington

There is a Mineral Grey '03 Cobra vert around the neighborhood now to. Lives off the green of the 10th hole in Gleneagle.

Yellow vert lives by Rick, literally around the corner and there is a sweet sounding red GT running around town I'm trying to track down. And then of course the random sixers. Bleh.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok, now that the date is set, someone please educate me so I don't sound like a complete moron on the 9th.

1. A/F, I assume that is Air/Fule ratio. Am I right? And how do you change it? Is that part of a tune? What is optimum?

2. When your car is all hooked up who "drives" it?

3. How high is it revved and for how long? What gear?

Like I told you, this is all new to me. The last time I was messing with engines it was on my old '68 Cougar. Now THAT engine, I can understand. :)

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
you can play with your AF with predator

you drive your car

it depends your rpm limiter, how fast your car can get up to redline and depends the car

watch the dyno video

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
bryan, i dont know how the F i'm gonna fit that
people told me i need to upgrade injectors and shit
which i dont think i have to
i'm leaning more towards 90mm maf

Tylerb59

Established Member
U put it in fourth gear then hammer it, to redline line or whatever.

Pretty much the idea.

Wizbang-

You drive it up onto the rollers where they strap the car down. Once everything is secure they'll have you put the car in gear and slowly ease into it just as if you're starting your car from a stop.

Take it easy with nice smooth shifts from 1-3, once you shift into 4th your going to go wide open throttle all the way until redline or as high as you need. Most people just hit the the rev limiter and let off.

It's important you NEVER hit the brakes (this would be bad news), and usually it's a good idea to put in the clutch immediately and then into neutral gear while it coasts back down to zero speed.

It's pretty simple, but if you're not comfortable or want to watch they can do it for you... or even Mean Saleen Jr. since he knows the process. :uh oh:

Last edited:

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I read about Mean Saleen Jr. and his exploits, no thanks ;)

It was very interesting watching the video from the last time you guys did this. I am very interested in my hp #'s. I had taken my car into Bickford to have them check out the head tick TSB. They said there was nothing wrong and Ford recommends doing nothing at this point. If hp #'s are low I'll have something to bitch about.

Users who are viewing this thread