CARBCONN DYNO DAY OCT 9th

JaKaL

Established Member
How to dyno

As I had mentioned earlier, James (RWTD) had some trouble interpreting my dyno files and suggested how the run should be made so as to get the best reading. I talked to him yesterday and he gave me permission to post his method:

"Also, whoever dynoed this car needs to understand that you can't dyno them starting above 1500. The Dynojet a/f meter is notoriously "slow" and has to play "catch up", especially on the Cobras with having such a long exhaust system. If you start at 1500 and got WOT immediately there you'll see the a/f dip down properly. The reason yours is showing a lil lean and then slopes down to around 12.0 is because he started it around 2.2k. He also needs to run it to around 6500/6600 minimum (the valvetrain is safe past 7k, but your rev limiter will kick in around 6650 to 6800). Letting off at 5900 does nothing to help us determine fueling above that range, and with the fact that you made peak power when he let off shows me that you may have made possibly more power after that. Also, you should be shifting this car around 6400 to 6500."

In short, he's telling me to get it into 4th and run WOT, capturing the run starting at 1,500 and ending at redline. I assume he knows what he's talking about so I offer it here in the interest of all concerned.
-JaKaL

hmwave

Established Member
Re: How to dyno

Originally posted by JaKaL
In short, he's telling me to get it into 4th and run WOT, capturing the run starting at 1,500 and ending at redline. I assume he knows what he's talking about so I offer it here in the interest of all concerned.
-JaKaL

That's consistent with what he told me after I spoke with him in June. I'm running mine from 1500 through 6500 Sat morning.

hmwave

Established Member
Rick, If you do make it down please bring your Predator as I'd like to get a reading on MAF_V.
In fact everyone bring your Predator just in case! ;-)

My Predator still doesn't see that PID and Diablo appear to be sitting on their thumbs as it's been months since they acknowledged that problem on the r12d build.
I called them a month ago and the drone on the other end gave me some runaround story saying it was an important fix but it would take a while. Sheesh! A while? How about now.

I TIG welded in the two LM-1 bungs Sunday so will be running a Predator log (Rick, one on yours if that's OK, the rest on mine) and the LM-1 Lambda meter during my pulls. That should show me exactly what's going on with IAT1, IAT2, AFR, etc.
I want to make best use of this dyno session to dial in the tune afterward.

Joe5.0

Established Member
ok i will. O and if we dont figure out wtf is going on w/ the supercharger grind were not goin either. Gonna check the oil tmmrw.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Just FYI. Called and confirmed everything with Alex @ Carb. Conn. We're all set for Saturday. See you all there.

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by wizbangdoodle
Just FYI. Called and confirmed everything with Alex @ Carb. Conn. We're all set for Saturday. See you all there.

So whose all going?

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
This is the last list I had

------------------------------------------------------
Gonna Show RAIN OR SHINE
-------------------------------------------------------
Wizbangdoodle
HMwave
Team23jordan
ltngstrucktwice
Jakal
Mean Saleen
04Mysticobra
MAYBES
Shangsta
Ricksvt

If there are changes to this let me know.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Get as many as you can to come. I think I'll ask my neighbor if he wants to come. He has one of the new Dodge hotrod trucks with the viper motor in it.

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by wizbangdoodle
Get as many as you can to come. I think I'll ask my neighbor if he wants to come. He has one of the new Dodge hotrod trucks with the viper motor in it.

I have maybe two folks from work, a stock Lightning and some street rod racer whose owners are interested.

They will turn up on the chance there's a slot for them.

Billy Pilgram

If I do make it, it'll only be to watch. I haven't done anything new since the last time I dyno'd with A/C Cobras (except strip a sparkplug)

I need to get in for some quality time, both times I've run I haven't been able to get an accurate reading with the tailpipe sniffer so I need to put a bung in like HMWAVE and get some real readings.

Hey Stephen are you staying with the Brisks or going back to what you had before. I'm running the 17s and they do seem a little hot, the 15s may be a better bet with any kind of pulley/timing

Users who are viewing this thread