CARBCONN DYNO DAY OCT 9th

02YZ125

So sticky
Established Member
Ill hopefully be there... I want to see what my car will lay down with the nitrous before the vortech goes on.

So is it 10 or 9:30? Do we need to make an appointment or is it first come first serve?

Joe5.0

Established Member
be there at 9:30 -10 and whoever wants to go first...goes first and on....., and yea id love to see your car on they dyno w/ nitrous, ive never seen that before.

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by Bad Habit
Hey Stephen are you staying with the Brisks or going back to what you had before. I'm running the 17s and they do seem a little hot, the 15s may be a better bet with any kind of pulley/timing

Took the brisks out last week ($85 for one week's tryout, damn) because of all the doubt on modularfords and svtperformance. I didn't want to be a test mule just in case there is a problem with the 17's. They all looked OK when I took then out but better safe that sorry. In any case the car wasn't running well with them in, various misfires and rough running in some spots.
I refitted the Denso IT20's at 0.037 gap. It's not perfect with those but feels better.

BTW, I'd like you to drive my car Saturday if you make it there. I'm not happy with a number of things (drone, clutch chatter, x-pipe variation I think, etc) and would like to get a 2nd opinion.

Billy Pilgram

I think it's the "familiarity breeds contempt" thing. You get so focused on what's going on with the car you started over analyzing every little sound, bump, rattle. Just about everday driving to work I'm sure the front end needs to be redone or the clutch has a problem, or... I guess that's the price we pay for wanting things right, and hell it gives us even more reasons to keep modding!

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey Mean, I'm glad you'll be taping 'cause my wife is taking our camcorder to a wedding :( . I'd like to get a copy when it's all over.

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by Bad Habit
I think it's the "familiarity breeds contempt" thing. You get so focused on what's going on with the car you started over analyzing every little sound, bump, rattle. Just about everday driving to work I'm sure the front end needs to be redone or the clutch has a problem, or... I guess that's the price we pay for wanting things right, and hell it gives us even more reasons to keep modding!

True, this isn't a Lexus bus but I have vibrations through the pedals and seat, and whining noises from the rear that I never had before.
I also have an odd tick (OH NO!) from the engine. It's coming from the pulley area but I can't track it down even with a stethoscope.
Also a lot of clutch chatter.
I'm putting on a four piece idler set from Billetflow tonight so maybe that will fix the tick.

If it feels pretty much the same as yours I'll put up with it. If you drive it and think it's worse than yours then I'll investigate further.

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by team23jordan
your car can tow better than mine hmwave

soo no barbeque...unless someone else brings it:cryying:

Well, harrumph!! I just don't know what this world's coming to.
When I was a lad we had none of this kind of nonsense.

.....Just ribbin' ya! :p

Just finished installing my idlers and wiring in the LM-1.

See you all tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread