Car won't start

MrSwa

Established Member
I need some help. I installed coil-overs on my car on tuesday at a friends house. Button everything up and drive it home, and now the car won't start. It just sits there and cranks. I checked the codes and it was throwing a P0193. This lead me to believe (after some research here) that it was the FPRS. I just replaced this and still nothing. Anyone got any ideas? My next thought is that is could be bad gas, but I really not sure how/if you can check for that. The downfall for this theory is that it has already run through half a tank of this fill up.

Mods are:
Posi race ported blower
Ported lower intake
60lb injectors
KB BAP
Dragon throttle body and inlet
CAI
Bigger MAF (can't remember the brand off the top of my head)
2.7 upper, 6lb lower
And now MM coil-overs

I have yet to take the plugs out and look at them. Might do this tonight or tomorrow. The car has been driving fine, but after I installed the coil-overs and drove it around the block, it did have a little trouble starting. If anyone has any ideas on what this could be please let me know. I really need to get this car driving again. Thanks

Stalker27

Established Member
OP: If can't hear the pumps prime you need to get a 30amp fuze and look in the fuze box under the hood. Might want to check the BAP fuze as well

UncleDan

Established Member
Not sure why the inertia switch would be an issue, unless I'm missing something...

If I were you I'd just swap the stock coil packs back into the engine and see if it starts then. That way, you can eliminate any doubt that your aftermarket coil packs are the issue.

But yes, also check the simple things, like listening for your fuel pumps prime when you turn the key. Keep us posted on what you find.

MrSwa

Established Member
About 30min after I made the op, I went back out and tried starting it again. I thought it might be flooded so I held the gas to the floor and it sputtered to life finally. I guess it had just flooded and not had enough time to dry out. Whatever the problem, the sensor and time seemed to fix it. Thanks to all who responded. I'd still like to know what the inertia switch is.

UncleDan

Established Member
About 30min after I made the op, I went back out and tried starting it again. I thought it might be flooded so I held the gas to the floor and it sputtered to life finally. I guess it had just flooded and not had enough time to dry out. Whatever the problem, the sensor and time seemed to fix it. Thanks to all who responded. I'd still like to know what the inertia switch is.

An inertia switch is designed to shut off your fuel pumps if you get into a collision, so that if a fuel line ruptures, your fuel pump won't still be running and pumping fuel all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread