Car won't start, I'm running out of ideas

shabbyblue

Established Member
My car won't start. It sounds like its going to turn over and it doesn't. Sometimes it starts for half a second then dies. I changed the battery and fuel pump. The starter and alternator are brand new. I checked the fuse box it was good. The only left that I can think of is the coilpacks are bad, but would that stop the car from stopping. Is there anything else I can check?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Confused,

Is it turning over or not?

If it turns over you are saying it actually starts and then kills?

Or does it start to turn over and then stops turning over but the motor never starts?

If it is turning over then did you try giving it just a little bit of throttle?

shabbyblue

Established Member
Ok, it starts sometimes for a second and then dies. When the car doesn't start it doesn't give a click like a dead battery or bad starter. I just went outside and the car started. I'm totally confused. I was reading about the PATS on these cars, could that be the issue I'm totally lost. I started the car 10 times right now and it started. It started up real good at first, so I started it about 10 times in a row. On the fifth start it started but I was starting to get weaker and was idling rough. All the power is still there and the fuel pressure is good.

Users who are viewing this thread