car wont start after paxton install

1930ford

Established Member
Did you change spark plugs ? Did you check the two fuses right at the battery ? people often pop theses fuses if they dont have the battery disconected while replacing spark plugs.

Tx5.0

Established Member
Whats the voltage on your battery? You might have 11-12 volts but the cranking amps may be low.

busarich

Established Member
Ill check that when i get home but i keep it on a trickle charger and its turning over fine. No injector pulse though.

busarich

Established Member
I tried that too. t wasnt starting so i checked for updates, there was one so i updated it and reloaded the tune and its doing the same thing.

2012csgt

Established Member
Wow that really sucks. I can offer no advice just props to you for being so patient. You seem to be handling this very well. I prob would of drank a case of beer, kicked the dog, cursed the neighbor, and threw the paxton head unit in the lake. But thats me, I hope you find and fix the problem soon. GL

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Something seems wierd. The paxton install seems pretty easy. If there are no disconnected sensors or blown fuses, then i have no idea.

-Thomas

Tx5.0

Established Member
Try taking out one of the injectors while cranking to see if you are even getting fuel to the rails.

busarich

Established Member
Okay, i had a friend over and retested the injector harness and it tested fine, the noid light was not bright enough for me to see from the drivers seat so he looked and it lit up. So i put the stock injectors and my previous na tune in and it fired right up. So i will find out tomorrow about the tune and injectors. Thanks for all the help guys.

busarich

Established Member
Wow that really sucks. I can offer no advice just props to you for being so patient. You seem to be handling this very well. I prob would of drank a case of beer, kicked the dog, cursed the neighbor, and threw the paxton head unit in the lake. But thats me, I hope you find and fix the problem soon. GL

Yeah i think the only reason is because north dakota winter suck and last to march-april time frame. Thanks buddy.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What bap are u running? There was another guy on here with the programmable Vortech that had problems starting as well.

I still believe there was an install issue there.

As far as your car, I am still believe it is in the tune.

busarich

Established Member
The id1000s are direct plug and play, right???? The injectors came with clips and pins but the stock harness plugged right in

busarich

Established Member
It shouldn't but I had similar issues as yours when I had mine on backwards. The MAF plugged in from there so I didnt think anything of it. I could ususally get mine to fire though. It just wouldn't run.

Try disconnecting the MAF it will idle fine but run like crap if you do anything else but start if thats your issue or related issue. I don't think it is but its a quick thing to check.

I still believe there was an install issue there.

As far as your car, I am still believe it is in the tune.

I will call Shaun tomorrow and see what he says

Users who are viewing this thread